NPTR: Alert #20: Tax Revolt Update

Ted Harris tedgh at nvbell.net
Wed Jun 25 08:54:50 PDT 2003

Date: June 25, 2003

Alert #20: Tax Revolt Update

Dear Property Owners,

In early June we mailed a status update, a request for contributions and a
sign up letter to all Incline Village and Crystal Bay property owners.  So
far we have received over 500 responses from that letter.  Just in case you
did not receive that letter or misplaced the letter, please go to the home
page of our web site:  www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org  to read the
letter.  Our sincere thanks to those of you who have sent in
contributions,  Any additional contributions would be greatly appreciated.

Heads Up on a future alert.  Within a month all property owners will be
receiving their dreaded property tax bill.  The bill is supposed to be
mailed by July 7th, with the first payment is due a month later.  We would
like to suggest that all property owners make it a point to pay their
property taxes under protest.  Shortly we will be mailing a letter
explaining in detail the reasons, benefits, and how to pay your property
taxes under protest.  Watch your mail box for this very important piece of
information.

Thank you again for your Support on our Property Tax Revolt,

Ted Harris, Chairman Tax Revolt Committee,
The Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
831-3914 or tedgh at nvbell.net

Go to www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org for more information on our "Nevada
Property Tax Revolt" and to www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/AlertIndex.html
to add or delete your email address.

PS.  As a side note, Lynn Hettrick was in town on Monday morning for a town
hall meeting, to discuss how our STATE Government wants to extract more tax
$ from our pockets.  Jim Clark wrote a summary memorandum on the meeting
and where Nevada citizens can send emails, expressing their outrage over
the proposed tax increases.  Go to
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/clark.doc to download and read Jim Clark's
report.

This morning's Bonanza carried an article on the same meeting.  Go to:
http://www.tahoebonanza.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20030625/NEWS/306250101
to read to story.