NPTR: PROPERTY OWNERS - ALERT # 25

Wayne Fischer TahoeWayne at nvbell.net
Sat Aug 23 12:30:47 PDT 2003

PROPERTY OWNERS ALERT # 25

Saturday, August 23, 2003

TO: Incline Village/Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM: The Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
SUBJECT: Workshop Department of Taxation

Dear Property Owner,

Coming up on Monday August 25th the Department of Taxation will be holding
a workshop on their "draft" revisions of the regulations relating to the
procedures the assessor must follow in determining the taxable value of
your property. This is a very important workshop because this appears to be
an attempt by the Department of Taxation to revise, broaden, and ratify,
after the fact, the illegal methods the Washoe County Assessor has been
using to appraise properties in Incline and Crystal Bay.

If the Department of Taxation succeeds in approving these administrative
changes and further submitting these rule changes to the State Tax
Commission, our Attorney believes these new regulations would severely
impact and undermine our efforts to argue our grievances to the State Tax
Commission and to the District Court.

<http://www.nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/Aug22LtrAzevedo.html>Click<http://www.nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/Aug22LtrAzevedo.html>
here to read our Attorneys letter to the Director of the Department of
Taxation, citing the issues that we disagree with. In addition to Norm's
letter to the Director he will be attending this workshop to underscore the
issues we believe are inconsistent with existing law. In addition,
<http://www.nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/Aug22LtrAzevedo.html>click<http://www.nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/Aug22LtrAzevedo.html>
here to read the text of the "draft" revisions of the Administrative
Regulations pertaining to NAC 361.00. We have highlighted the sections
having an impact on Incline Village and Crystal Bay.

It is becoming apparent there is great concern in the bureaucracy that our
challenge to these illegal methods of appraising properties might have
merit and the fear is that we might succeed in discrediting the assessor's
methods.

We need a huge turn out of property owners (two or three hundred) in
Incline and Crystal Bay to support Norm and to demonstrate to the
Department that our grievances are supported by a large number of IV/CB
property owners. Norm will be "driving the truck" during this workshop and
he will have designated three or four citizens to make a short statement on
each of the issues he will argue.

In addition to Norm's presentation we intend to submit copies of our
"Declaration of Property Tax Protest" that now contain over 2,000 signatures.

We really need your support on this, pleases take the time to make the
short to trip to Carson City on Monday afternoon.

Regards,
Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman
The Village League to Save Incline Assets
Phone: (775) 831-3914
Fax: (775) 831-3914
tedgh at nvbell.net
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

DATE AND TIME OF MEETING:
Monday, August 25, 2003
1:30 PM

LOCATION:
Nevada Legislative Building,
401 S. Carson, Room 2135,
Carson City, Nevada
---------------------------------------

PS. If for some odd reason the two links in the above message don't work on
you computer's email program, just go to the home page of our web site,
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org and read the home page.

PPS. Wayne Fischer, our web master, made some changes to the format of our
web site. Hopefully it will be a little more readable and usable. The
Navigation Bar on the left will speed up finding the different web pages.
Enjoy!

PPPS. Please go to www.nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/AlertEmailList.html to
add or delete your email address and for more information on our tax revolt
alert email list.