NPTR: Alert #29: A Message from Maryanne Ingemanson

Wayne Fischer TahoeWayne at nvbell.net
Wed Sep 24 15:24:49 PDT 2003

Alert #29:  A Message from Maryanne Ingemanson

September 24, 2003

Village League To Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane
Incline Village, Nevada  89451

Dear Friends,

Now we know that the "League" really can get results!!   We won
approximately $57,000,000 in reductions of taxable value for the Incline
Village lakefront properties and $4,000,000 for the Mill Creek area
parcels; and, we've just gotten started.  Only working together, as a
group, could these amazing tax rollbacks have been achieved.  Our next
efforts will be in the courts and at the State of Nevada Department of
Taxation and the State of Nevada Tax Commission.  The Rules and
Regulations, which are supposed to govern how the appraisers assess your
property, must be made less subjective and more enforceable.   We, the
taxpayers, cannot be expected to monitor the annual property assessments to
determine if they are "uniform and equal", as required by law.  Many of the
taxpayers who we were able to notify in time to appeal their assessments
also received reductions, because of errors found in their "view
classifications" or in the use of other methods of taxation that had never
been approved by Nevada Statutes or the Tax Commission.

The ongoing legal challenges are for the benefit of all of the property
owners in Incline Village and Crystal Bay, whether or not you have yet
received any relief.  Help is on the way!  This confiscation of our assets
through the illegal taxation of our homes will be stopped.  Keep filing
your payments of taxes under protest, (the next payment is due October 6,
2003), and watch for the announcement of the next phase of the Tahoe Tax
Revolt.  You won't be disappointed!!

For those of you who have already received a tax reduction, a donation to
the Village League of just 10% of the amount you saved, just this year, due
to the efforts of the League, will help keep our war chest ready to meet
the challenges that we know are coming.  We plan to win even more for you
and your neighbors.  This is a tough fight; but, as a group, we have
power.  The entire state is watching us.  We are going to give them
something to remember!!

Every one of the members of the League who is working to help you is a
volunteer.  Our only expenses are for attorneys and communications. Every
dollar counts.

My personal thanks to the members of the League family who gathered 2600
signatures on the petitions to present to the Nevada State Tax Commission,
and to Ted Harris, Les Barta, Dale Akers, Chuck Otto, John Carney and Wayne
Fischer, who have spent literally hundreds of hours on this endeavor.

Sincerely,
Maryanne Ingemanson, President
Em: mingemanson at charter.net
Ph: 775-831-4011