NPTR: Alert # 35

Ted Harris tedgh at nvbell.net
Mon Dec 22 22:09:02 PST 2003

  PROPERTY OWNERS ALERT # 35

  DATE:             December 22, 2003

  TO:                  Incline Village/Crystal Bay Property Owners

  FROM:            Nevada Property Tax Revolt

  SUBJECT:       Requests for Appraisal Records

  Dear Property Owner,

  We continue to get reports from taxpayers who have requested their appraisal records from the assessor's office, who complain they are getting only two pages of irrelevant information.  We continue to be stone-walled when we request the appraisal file.

  A refusal by the assessor to provide the complete appraisal on your property is a violation of NRS 361.227 (8) and the Taxpayers Bill of Rights.  Refusing to provide this information makes it impossible for a taxpayer to intelligently analyze the basis upon which his property value is based.  Please click on the following link to read a copy of the letter to the Assessors office, from our law firm, pointing out in clear terms the regulations Assessors must follow. www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/McGowan-Ltr-031218.pdf

  If you have requested a copy of your appraisal records and have not received your entire file we urge you to repeat your request.  One of our property owners has suggested using a formal letter for your appraisal request and he has been good enough to let us have a sample copy of his letter.  Click on this link: www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/AppraisalFileRequestFormLetter.pdf  to open and print a copy of the letter requesting your complete appraisal file.

  Or, download (click) the following "Word" file, fill in the blanks on your computer, print it out and then fax the letter to the Washoe County Assessors office.

  www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/AppraisalFileRequestFormLetter.doc   If you have not already filed your appeal please do so now and be sure to attach a copy of the above letter formally requesting your entire appraisal file.

  We would appreciate hearing from you if your request for your records has been short changed or refused.  Hopefully the Assessor's office will pay close attention to the letter from our attorney.

  The Village League wishes you and your families a Great Holiday Season.

  Regards,

  Ted

  Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman
  The Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
  775-831-3914

  tedgh at nvbell.net