NPTR: PROPERTY OWNERS ALERT # 38

Wayne Fischer TahoeWayne at nvbell.net
Fri Jan 16 19:40:40 PST 2004

PROPERTY OWNERS ALERT # 38

DATE:   January 16, 2004
TO:             Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM:   Nevada Property Tax Revolt Committee
SUBJECT:        Washoe County Board of Equalization Hearings were posted on
their website today

Dear Property Owners,

We were told yesterday that the Washoe County Board of Equalization would
be posting the Hearing schedule by late today.  For once they did what they
promised to do.  Please go to the following website for their hearing schedule:

http://www.co.washoe.nv.us/assessor/CBE.htm

Please note that:

1. Wednesday January 21st Hearings were canceled.

2. Thursday, January 22nd, 85 people are scheduled at three different
times, 9:00 AM, 1:30 PM and 6:30 PM.

3. Thursday, January 23rd, 85 people are scheduled at three different
times, 9:00 AM, 1:30 PM and 6:30 PM.

This is a killer schedule, as well as all appeal applicants being short
changed.  Each appeal is being given an average of 7 min and 30
seconds.  This is not enough time to present your case, for the assessors
to present their case, for the board to discuss the appeal and then for the
board to vote on the appeal.  I guess we will have to see how the hearing
unfold.

We highly recommend that you take a couple of extra minutes to find out if
you are scheduled next Thursday or Friday.  Again, click on the following
website and then download the hearing schedule for each of the two
days.        http://www.co.washoe.nv.us/assessor/CBE.htm

If you have questions or comments on the hearings, please send an email to
Ted Harris at tedgh at nvbell.net.

Thank you again for your support.

Sincerely,
Wayne