NPTR: Alert #40a: Corrected Address for Friday's Court Hearing

Ted Harris tedgh at nvbell.net
Thu Feb 12 15:52:48 PST 2004

  PROPERTY OWNERS ALERT #40a

  DATE:          Thursday, February 12, 2004
  TO:               Incline Village & Crystal  Bay Property Owners
  FROM:        Nevada Property Tax Revolt Committee
  SUBJECT:   Corrected Address for Friday's Court Hearing

  Dear Friends,

  Alert #40 sent last night, regarding the Court hearing tomorrow afternoon, mistakenly gave the WRONG ADDRESS for the court house.

  The correct address is:  75 Court Street, Reno, NV.  Click on the following link for a detailed street map to the court house:  www.nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/AlertArch/Alert40aMap.pdf

  Or click on the following link for a Dynamic Yahoo Map:  http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=70grO.p_0TrPtrVUgaGkcL88lsS6NWQH&csz=Reno%2C+NV&country=us

  We are asking the Court for a "Temporary Restraining Order" based on the issue that the Washoe County Board of Equalization is required to give all appellants 21 working days on their hearing notice.  Most appellants were only given 5 to 8 days notice.

  We are requesting that the court stop these hearings and start over.  Unfortunately the clock has run out since all appeals have to be heard by the last day of February.  So we are not sure what will happen next if the injunction is granted.

  We would like to have has many as possible Incline Village and Crystal Bay property owners attend the court hearing.  If at all possible, please make an effort to be at the court house by 1:30 PM tomorrow.

  Regards,

  Ted

  Ted Harris, Chairman Tax Revolt Committee
  Village League to Save Incline, Assets, Inc.
  775-831-3914
  tedgh at nvbell.net

  www.nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org