NPTR: Alert # 41

Ted Harris tedgh at nvbell.net
Tue Feb 24 19:36:17 PST 2004

 PROPERTY OWNERS ALERT #41

    DATE:         Tuesday, February 24, 2004
    TO:              Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
    FROM:        Nevada Property Tax Revolt Committee

    Dear Fellow Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,

    The Washoe County Board of Equalization hearings for Incline Village & Crystal Bay has been completed.  If you did not get the property taxable valuation relief you wanted or expected, you now have an opportunity to appeal to the State of Nevada's Board of Equalization (BofE).  This is the next step required by the authorities to exhaust our "Administrative Procedures".

    Unfortunately few appellants received any tax relief at the County Board of Equalization.  This is what we expected would happen.  Filing an appeal to the State Board of Equalization will keep your options open. (It is like a free insurance policy!)  There are no costs and the form is simple and easy to fill out.  The procedure is exactly like filing an appeal at the county level.  You can appear to present your case, send in a letter itemizing your concerns; or, if you are going to be out of the state or cannot appear for any other reason, just faxing in your appeal form will suffice for you to qualify as having completed the administrative procedures.

    If you did not file an appeal to the county board, your appeal to the state board will not be accepted.  If you did file an appeal to the county you should receive a state appeal form with the letter that the county will or did send to you called a "Notice of Decision". The form sent to you by the county is an old form with old phone numbers.  We have placed the newer and correct state appeal form on our web site that you can access, with correct phone and fax numbers.  Click on the following link to download and print out the correct State Board of Equalization "Petition for Review" form:  http://nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/PDFfiles/PetForReview-State-BofE.pdf

    We suggest that every one of the 1,361 IV/CB property owners who filed a county appeal follow through with filing a state appeal.  We need to let the county and state government know that we are not going to go away. The lawsuits are now in the hands of the courts.  We are still waiting to see which judge will be hearing our class-action case.  We should know sometime within the next week or two.

    Let's get rid of the "tear-downs", the subjective "view" criteria, the illegal "time adjustments", the lakefront footage measurements for value, and the other unequal and unfair tax methods that the assessors have been creating.  Fill out your state appeal form now.  It will only take a couple of minutes plus it really will help in our court cases.

    Thanks to everyone for sticking together.

    Sincerely,

    Maryanne

    Maryanne Ingemanson, President

    Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.

    1165 Vivian Lane

    Incline Village, Nevada  89451

    mingemanson at charter.net