NPTR: Alert # 42

Ted Harris tedgh at nvbell.net
Sun Mar 7 20:33:24 PST 2004

PROPERTY OWNERS ALERT #42

DATE:         Tuesday, February 24, 2004
TO:              Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM:        Nevada Property Tax Revolt Committee

SUBJECT:   Final Notice to Send in Appeals to State Board

Dear Fellow Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,

We are re-sending "Alert # 41" below as a reminder that the deadline for filing an appeal with the State Board of Equalization is Wednesday, March 10th.  Incline Village & Crystal Bay submitted over 1,300 appeals to the County Board and we urge every property owner who appealed to the County Board of Equalization to file your appeal with the State Board NOW.

As a guess, over 95% of the appeals were denied.  Many property owners who appealed to the County Board and were not able to attend in person, due to the extremely short notice, wrote and submitted some excellent arguments which appear to have been arbitrarily dismissed, without having been read aloud to the Board.  It is very important that your written statements be submitted to the State Board.  We want everyone of your appeals filed with the State Board so that we can show we have exhausted all our "administrative remedies" when we get to court.

The appeal to the state Board should be mailed or faxed to the number on the appeal form.  If you are able to attend the State Board hearing when you are scheduled, print out 10 copies of  your letter, if you sent one to the county, and pass it out to the Members of the State Board.  No new evidence is allowed to be presented at the State Board; so your written arguments are very important and the only evidence that will be permitted. If you are not able to appear in person be sure to fax your written statement in with the appeal form.

   Click on either of the following links to download and print out the correct State Board of Equalization "Petition for Review" form:

   http://nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/pdf/PetForReview-State-BofE.pdf     (This link for Adobe Acrobat)

   http://nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/word/PetForReview-State-BofE.doc   (This link for "Word" document)

Please e-mail me if you have questions,

Regards,

Ted

Ted Harris,  Chairman Tax Revolt Committee
Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
775-831-3914
tedgh at nvbell.net
www.nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org

The Village League to Save Incline Assets Board of Directors:

Maryanne Ingemanson, President -- Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman --Les Barta, Law Research --Wayne Fischer, Webmaster, Todd Lowe, Financial -- Dale Akers, Historian-- Chuck Otto, Public Relations -- Joyce Anderson-Bock, Personal Relations

 PROPERTY OWNERS ALERT #41

DATE:         Tuesday, February 24, 2004
TO:              Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM:        Nevada Property Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Fellow Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,

The Washoe County Board of Equalization hearings for Incline Village & Crystal Bay has been completed.  If you did not get the property taxable valuation relief you wanted or expected, you now have an opportunity to appeal to the State of Nevada's Board of Equalization (BofE).  This is the next step required by the authorities to exhaust our "Administrative Procedures".

Unfortunately few appellants received any tax relief at the County Board of Equalization.  This is what we expected would happen.  Filling an appeal to the State Board of Equalization will keep your options open. (It is like a free insurance policy!)  There are no costs and the form is simple and easy to fill out.  The procedure is exactly like filling an appeal at the county level.  You can appear to present your case, send in a letter itemizing your concerns; or, if you are going to be out of the state or cannot appear for any other reason, just faxing in your appeal form will suffice for you to qualify as having completed the administrative procedures.

If you did not file an appeal to the county board, your appeal to the state board will not be accepted.  If you did file an appeal to the county you should receive a state appeal form with the letter that the county will or did send to you called a "Notice of Decision". The form sent to you by the county is an old form with old phone numbers.  We have placed the newer and correct state appeal form on our web site that you can access, with correct phone and fax numbers.  Click on either of the following links to download and print out the correct State Board of Equalization "Petition for Review" form:

http://nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/pdf/PetForReview-State-BofE.pdf

http://nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/word/PetForReview-State-BofE.doc

We suggest that every one of the 1,361 IV/CB property owners who filed a county appeal follow through with filing a state appeal.  We need to let the county and state government know that we are not going to go away. The lawsuits are now in the hands of the courts.  We are still waiting to see which judge will be hearing our class-action case.  We should know sometime within the next week or two.

Let's get rid of the "tear-downs", the subjective "view" criteria, the illegal "time adjustments", the lakefront footage measurements for value, and the other unequal and unfair tax methods that the assessors have been creating.  Fill out your state appeal form now.  It will only take a couple of minutes plus it really will help in our court cases.

Thanks to everyone for sticking together.

Sincerely,

Maryanne

Maryanne Ingemanson, President

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.

1165 Vivian Lane

Incline Village, Nevada  89451