NPTR: Alert #46 Update

Ted Harris tedgh at nvbell.net
Fri May 21 21:23:12 PDT 2004

Nevada Property Tax Revolt

            Forms

            News Articles

            Alert Archives

            Tax Links & other
            Taxing Information

            Legal Support &
            the Lawsuit

            Subscribe to
            Alert Email List

            About Us

            Contributions

            .

      Up date on May 18th Court Hearing

      ALERT: #46
      DATE: Friday, May 21, 2004
      TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
      FROM: Nevada Property Tax Revolt Committee

      Dear Fellow Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,

      We have completed round one of our hearings before Washoe District Judge Peter Breen. He said last Tuesday that he wants to take some time before ruling as to whether to dismiss a class-action lawsuit. The lawsuit filed by the Village League is seeking to stop alleged discriminatory practices in over valuing homes at Incline Village and Crystal Bay. Susan Voyles, a reporter with the Reno-Gazette Journal, did a great job describing this hearing, as well as events that preceded it. Click here to read the article.

      In addition, Voyles reported on our success in getting changes to the Nevada Tax Commission Rules and Regulations that control the appraisal methods that must be used by the Assessors. You may have heard the old cliché "the devil is in the details". This is certainly the issue with the existing regulations and the proposed revisions. Click here to read the article.

      A member of our Board, Les Barta, has done an outstanding job of arguing our position on the proposed changes to the regulations. We are confident that the approved revisions will go a long way toward requiring the Assessor to strictly follow the regulations in assessing properties, not only in IV/CB, but also throughout the entire State of Nevada. Click here to read the article in the Tahoe Bonanza.

      The Village League is winning. "This one's for you", and all of the taxpayers in Incline Village and Crystal Bay!

      Sincerely,

      Ted

      Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman
      The Village League to Save Incline Assets
      775-831-3914
      tedgh at nvbell.net
      www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

      .