NPTR: Alert # 47

Ted Harris tedgh at nvbell.net
Tue May 25 09:00:51 PDT 2004

Nevada Property Tax Revolt

            Forms

            News Articles

            Alert Archives

            Tax Links & other
            Taxing Information

            Legal Support &
            the Lawsuit

            Subscribe to
            Alert Email List

            About Us

            Contributions

            .

      Nevada Prop 13 efforts to get on the November Ballot

      ALERT: #47
      DATE: Tuesday, May 24, 2004
      TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
      FROM: Nevada Property Tax Revolt Committee
      SUBJECT: Campaign for a California Style Prop 13 in Nevada

      Dear Property Owners,

      Sharron Angle, a Nevada State Assembly woman, who represents half of Incline Village and Crystal Bay, and Assemblyman Don Gustavson have initiated a campaign to gather 53,000 signatures to place a citizens initiative on the November ballot, to allow the people of Nevada, the opportunity to vote on a "Prop. 13" style tax limitation initiative known as AJR 19. You may have heard Sharron discussing this initiative last week on the TV program "Nevada Newsmakers"

      The efforts of the Village League are directed toward achieving a significant property tax reduction and possible refunds of over paid property taxes. A tax cap initiative, as proposed by Sharron Angle, would provide long term protection, after the reforms we believe will be achieved by the Nevada Property Tax Revolt.

      These are two completely separate efforts which together hold promise for a real solution to our property tax problems.

      Passage of Sharon's initiative would have a significant impact on property taxes for every property owner in the state. Therefore we forward this link to Sharon's web site at www.sharronangle.net alerting you to this property tax initiative.

      If you are interested in reading the initiative click on this link, print out the petition, and review the language. http://www.sharronangle.net/sharronangleweb/pdf/anglegustavson.pdf

      Regards,

      Ted

      Ted Harris, Chairman Tax Revolt Committee
      Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
      775-831-3914
      tedgh at nvbell.net
      www.nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org

      .

      PS. We have pledged that we will never use the names on our email list for anything but the Nevada Property Tax Revolt. The above message is highly related to our efforts, therefore the reason for this alert.

      .