NPTR: Reminder - Alert # 49

Ted Harris tedgh at nvbell.net
Wed Jun 23 22:25:23 PDT 2004

Nevada Property Tax Revolt

            Forms

            News Articles

            Alert Archives

            Tax Links & other
            Taxing Information

            Legal Support &
            the Lawsuit

            Subscribe to
            Alert Email List

            About Us

            Contributions

            .

      A CALL TO ACTION - Reminder

      ALERT: #49
      DATE: Wednesday, June 23, 2004
      TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
      FROM: Nevada Property Tax Revolt Committee

      Dear Fellow Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,

      June 25th (Friday) 9:00 AM, Nevada Legislative Building, 401 Carson Street, Carson City, Room 1214. Final adoption of the changes to Nevada Revised Statutes 360. and 361. which define how county assessors can appraise individual properties. Click here for the official Notice of Public Hearing announcement.

      This is probably one of the most important Public Hearings on the revised regulations governing appraisal methodologies in Washoe County and the State of Nevada. Two of our Board members, Les Barta and Maryanne Ingemanson, have spent dozens of hours in workshops, meetings and homework, with the Department of Taxation, arguing the revisions to the regulations defining appraisal methods on our properties.

      The purpose of this hearing will be the Department of Taxation presenting the final agreed upon language of the regulations to the State Tax Commission. Once these regulations are accepted and adopted by the State Tax Commission they become law. These revisions will have a significant impact, and will require considerable change, on appraisal practices in the Washoe County assessor's office.

      We need a strong show of community support for these changes to the regulations during this hearing. If you are able to attend only one hearing this year, let this be the one. We need your support!

      For those wishing a ride to Carson City on Friday we will be forming a car pool at the North end of the Ponderosa Ranch parking lot at 7:45 AM departing promptly at 8"00 AM and returning to Incline immediately at the conclusion of the hearing.

      We suggest you start your trip to Carson no later than 8:00 AM as there may be construction delays in highway 28.

      Please do not hesitate to call with any questions.

      Sincerely,

      Ted

      Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman
      The Village League to Save Incline Assets
      775-831-3914
      tedgh at nvbell.net
      www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

      PS. If you decide to drive by your self, following are the instructions for parking in Carson City.

      Parking: The best place to park is in the parking structure at the corner of South Stewart and East 5th Ave (400 S. Stewart Street). Entrance is from South Stewart street. As you approach downtown Carson City, take Stewart off highway 50/395. Just as you cross over 5th Ave, go about 100 feet (north) and turn left into the parking structure. Click here for a map & directions to the parking structure.

      The Nevada Legislative Building is on the west side of the parking structure. About a 30 second walk to the building.

      .