NPTR: Alert # 52 Pay Under Protest

Ted Harris tedgh at nvbell.net
Tue Aug 3 15:26:04 PDT 2004

PROPERTY OWNERS ALERT # 52

  DATE:            August 3, 2004
  TO:                 Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
  FROM:           Nevada Property Tax Revolt Committee

  Dear Fellow Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,

  You're probably about ready to pay the first installment of your 2004-2005 property tax obligation (due August 15).  Like last year, we would like you to pay your taxes "Under Protest".  This will let the County Assessor know that we are still concerned about their methods and the illegal increases we got last year.  Additionally, it will enable you to formally protest your taxes and be a part of any settlement we may get in the future.

  The protest form can be found on our web-site: Click here for the form.  http://nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/pages/Forms.html   It will only take you a couple of minutes to print out, fill out, and submit with your payment.

  There is an important new development on the issue of a "Cap" on property taxes. Click on this link for a report on our attendance at a recent hearing in Carson City of the Advisory Committee for Local Government Taxes and Finance and a link to a Bonanza article last Sunday: http://nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/pdf/Akers-TaxAdvComMtgRpt.pdf
  http://www.tahoebonanza.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040801/News/108010004  We will be reporting to you as this proposal proceeds through the Legislature.

  Thanks for your continued support.

  Sincerely,

  Ted

  Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman
  The Village League to Save Incline Assets
  775-831-3914
  tedgh at nvbell.net