NPTR: ALERT # 57

Ted Harris tedgh at nvbell.net
Thu Sep 23 17:55:33 PDT 2004

Nevada Property Tax Revolt

            Property Information

            Forms

            News Articles

            Alert Archives

            Tax Links & other
            Taxing Information

            Legal Support &
            the Lawsuit

            Subscribe to
            Alert Email List

            About Us

            Contributions

            .

      Department of Taxation Hearing
      September 27th

      ALERT: #57
      DATE: September 23, 2004
      TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
      FROM: Nevada Property Tax Revolt Committee

      Dear Fellow Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,

      As many of you are aware, the Village League hired Dr. Marvin Wolverton, a renowned tax assessment expert and professor at UNLV to do an independent study on the tax assessments in Incline Village and Crystal Bay. His study is now completed.

      Dr. Wolverton will be presenting the results to the Nevada Tax Commission and Department of Taxation this coming Monday, September 27th. The results will put these Agencies in shock and awe!! They will prove that the inconsistencies and inequities in our taxes are incredible.

      If you would like to see the fireworks, we strongly encourage you to attend.

      The Meeting is at 9:00 a.m. at the Legislative Counsel Bureau, 401 South Carson Street -Room 3137, Carson City Nevada. Click here for the agenda.

      We strongly encourage you to attend. This is a very important hearing, as the outcome will affect the taxable values of all of our properties. Attorneys Norman Azevedo and Suellen Fulstone, the attorneys who represent the taxpayers will be in attendance.

      We will see you there.

      Regards,

      Ted Harris

      Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman
      The Village League to Save Incline Assets
      775-831-3914
      tedgh at nvbell.net
      www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

      Plus Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members: Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman, Les Barta, Law Research, John Carney, Analyst, Wayne Fischer, Webmaster, Todd Lowe, Financial, Dale Akers, Historian, and Chuck Otto, Public Relations

      PS. If you decide to drive by your self, following are the instructions for parking in Carson City.

      Parking: The best place to park is in the parking structure at the corner of South Stewart and East 5th Ave (400 S. Stewart Street). Entrance is from South Stewart street. As you approach downtown Carson City, take Stewart off highway 50/395. Just as you cross over 5th Ave, go about 100 feet (north) and turn left into the parking structure. Click here for a map & directions to the parking structure.

      The Nevada Legislative Building is on the west side of the parking structure. About a 30 second walk to the building.

      .