NPTR: Emailing: Alert59

Ted Harris tedgh at nvbell.net
Tue Oct 19 07:45:09 PDT 2004

Nevada Property Tax Revolt

            Property Information

            Forms

            News Articles

            Alert Archives

            Tax Links & other
            Taxing Information

            Legal Support &
            the Lawsuit

            Subscribe to
            Alert Email List

            About Us

            Contributions

            .

      Tax cap and support our legislators

      ALERT: #59
      DATE: October 20, 2004
      TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
      FROM: Nevada Property Tax Revolt Committee

      Dear Fellow Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,

      Incline Village/Crystal Bay is facing an 8% increase in taxable land values this coming year. Three other areas of Washoe County are facing 22% to 27% increases. Mark Schofield, Clark County Assessor, tells us he is looking at increases in Las Vegas of 30 to 50%.

      As a result of these huge increases in taxable values, it appears that thousands of Nevada property owners are now facing the prospect of being taxed out of their homes. This is no longer just an IV/CB issue. The highly populated communities in Nevada are now looking at the kinds of backbreaking increases IV/CB suffered three years ago.

      Thousands of fixed income retirees and working folks are going to have to sacrifice their standard of living to feed the insatiable appetite of Government. State and local governments have been willing recipients of the windfall increase in tax revenue without regard to the hardship it places on taxpayers.

      This has to stop!

      The Village League will be an active participant in the debate over the "cap" legislation. We are enthusiastic supporters, in principal, of legislation to limit increases in taxable value. However we take strong exception to a cap of 6%. We believe a more realistic and fair limit should be similar to the 2% of Prop. 13 or the 3% limit in Oregon, or the cap should be limited to inflation OR 6% whichever is less.

      Lynn Hettrick:
      Some of our legislators are beginning to realize that something must be done. Lynn Hettrick represents one half of Incline Village. We have spoken to Lynn at length about the upcoming legislation to cap property taxes and he agrees that something MUST be done about the double-digit property tax increases.

      He is one of the strongest supporters of legislation to limit property taxes. He recently issued an ad requesting you to call or email, to let him know you support him. Let him know that you will be a strong supporter of his leadership in the effort to pass legislation to place a limit on the increase in taxable value. For those of you who do not receive the Bonanza, please click here for a look at Lynn Hetrick's ad he ran last weekend.

      For more information on Lynn, click here for his website or click here to send him an email message.

      Sharron Angle:
      Sharron Angle represents the other half of Incline and all of Crystal Bay. She made a valiant effort to get signatures for a Prop. 13 initiative. Unfortunately she started late and missed the signature count of 52,000 by a few thousand signatures. She too has been an outstanding representative for IV/CB and will be a strong voice on our behalf in the upcoming session of the Legislature. For more information on Sharron, click here for her website, or click here to send her an email message.

      If there was ever a time to have your voice heard, it is now. Please take a moment of your time to call or email Lynn and Sharron and let them know your support for their efforts.

      Regards,

      Ted Harris

      Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman
      The Village League to Save Incline Assets
      775-831-3914
      tedgh at nvbell.net
      www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

      Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members: Maryanne Ingemanson, President, Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman, Les Barta, Law Research, John Carney, Analyst, Wayne Fischer, Webmaster, Todd Lowe, Financial, Dale Akers, Historian, and Chuck Otto, Public Relations