NPTR: Alert # 61

Ted Harris tedgh at nvbell.net
Mon Dec 6 22:20:15 PST 2004

Nevada Property Tax Revolt

            Property Information

            Forms

            News Articles

            Alert Archives

            Tax Links & other
            Taxing Information

            Legal Support &
            the Lawsuit

            Subscribe to
            Alert Email List

            About Us

            Contributions

            .

      ANOTHER YEAR, ANOTHER
      PROPERTY TAX INCREASE!

      ALERT: #61
      DATE: December 6, 2004
      TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
      FROM: Nevada Property Tax Revolt Committee

      Dear Fellow Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,

      This letter is to alert you of two situations. First, the Village League has discovered that the Assessor is going to increase land values for every property owner in Incline Village and Crystal Bay by 8%.

      Second, we are preparing to oppose this action, which we feel is incorrect and illegal, at the Washoe County Board of Equalization, the State Board of Equalization; and if necessary, to Judicial Review.

      This 8% increase applies to every property in Incline Village and Crystal Bay; so, to once again file 1,500 individual appeals, as we did last year, would be redundant.

      The basis for appeals this year is that this 8% increase, as calculated by the assessor, is severely flawed, has used faulty and invalid comparable sales, has not applied the "new" regulations in appraising these comparable sales, and furthermore is grossly out of equalization within IV/CB and areas outside of IV/CB.

      We believed the best and most efficient way to specifically challenge this increase is to hire professional representation to present appeals on behalf of every property owner in IV/CB, as a group, for whomever may wish to join as appellants.

      The Village League has engaged the services of a highly respected attorney, who is very familiar with the IV/CB area and has previously argued successful appeals for a number of IV/CB property owners.

      If you feel that you have additional problems with your "taxable value" property assessment, feel free to file your own "Petition for Appeal", or select an Agent of your choice.

      However, we urge you to join The Village League in this mass appeal. All you need to do is:

        a.. Click here to download the AUTHORIZATION FOR REPRESENTATION form
        b.. Print out the form
        c.. Fill out the form including your signature
        d.. Add a $25 tax deductible check to the Village League
        e.. And then mail to:
      The Village League to Save Incline Assets
      1165 Vivian Lane
      Incline Village, NV 89451

      Upon receipt of your signed authorization and your check, the League will file all necessary documentation no later than the first week in January.

      The attorney, Tom Hall, Esq., will then prepare and file the mass appeal before the deadline, January 15th.

      Unless you choose to attend the hearing, you will NOT have to appear, personally, before the Board of Equalization.

      Thank you to all, for your determination, tenacity, and continued support.

      Our warmest regards and best wishes for a great Holiday season.

      Maryanne Ingemanson, President

      The Village League to Save Incline Assets

      P.S. The Village League is an approved non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. All donations are Income Tax deductible. FEIN 88-03929

      For additional information or for answers to your questions contact:

      Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman
      The Village League to Save Incline Assets
      775-831-3914
      tedgh at nvbell.net

      Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members: Maryanne Ingemanson, President, Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman, Les Barta, Law Research, John Carney, Analyst, Wayne Fischer, Webmaster, Todd Lowe, Financial, Dale Akers, Historian, and Chuck Otto, Public Relations

      .