NPTR: ALERT: #82: Update on the Property Tax Revolt Efforts

maroticlan at aol.com maroticlan at aol.com
Mon Dec 5 10:30:03 PST 2005

ALERT: #82: Update on the Property Tax Revolt efforts
DATE: December 2, 2005
TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM: Nevada Property Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Taxpayers,

An Update on our Property Tax Revolt Efforts

It has been nearly two months since we sent all of you an email update.  Our efforts are continuous and finally getting results.  Our biggest problem is that dealing with bureaucracies is painfully slow.

We have five lawsuits pending in the District Courts and three in the Supreme Court, and are extremely frustrated by judges who put making decisions on our cases on the back burner.  As some rulings could set significant precedence in the State of Nevada, and have a profound impact on other lawsuits and local jurisdictions, the reluctance of the courts to issue an order becomes ever more clear.

The best way to get caught up on our recent activities is to read the articles published in the last two months by visiting our web page at: http://www.nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org

Contributions
Last month we mailed all 7000 of our members requesting additional financial help to support our efforts.  Over 300 individuals made contributions, for which we were very grateful.  As you are aware, ours is a non-profit organization that is solely supported by your donations.  The
only costs that we incur, in attempting to win this huge effort to get our property taxes under control, are for attorneys' fees, experts, court fees, state filing fees, and mailing costs.  The hundreds of hours spent organizing, typing, filing, mailing, researching statutes, and transcribing hearings, appeals and other meetings are donated by volunteers, who are your neighbors.  Even with all of the work done that is unpaid, our costs to date have been a staggering $322,000, since late 2002, when we began this Herculean task; which we are winning, one step at a time.

Taxable Write-Off
You may be unaware that Congress just passed the, "Katrina Emergency Tax Relief Act of 2005", which allows you to deduct 100% of any donations made to qualified 501(c)(3) non-profit corporations such as ours, but only until December 31, 2005.  (Normally, just a portion of your donations is allowed by the IRS to be tax deductible).  Were you planning to donate funds to qualifying organizations in the near future, it would be wise to take advantage of  this  very  short  window  of  time  in  order  to  receive  the benefit of the full deduction on your Income Taxes.  If you wish to make a contribution to the Village League, please mail to the address below.

Thank you again for your continuing contributions and moral support.  Our very best wishes for a healthy, happy and altogether wonderful Holiday Season.

Sincerely,

Maryanne Ingemanson
Maryanne Ingemanson, President

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members: Maryanne Ingemanson, President, Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman, Les Barta, Law Research, John Carney, Analyst, Wayne Fischer, Webmaster, Todd Lowe, Financial, Dale Akers, Historian, and Chuck Otto, Public Relations

.

(Fill in the blanks, write a check, and mail to address below.)
Name: _______________________________________________
Assessors parcel number (APN): __________________________

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451