NPTR: Alert #85 - Village League

maryanne ingemanson mingeivlt at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 16:29:09 PST 2006

    Village League
                                   Tax Revolt

                                                                                                               January 3, 2006

  Dear Friends,

  It must seem as if you received an Alert just days ago, and you are right – you did.  This Alert #85 will be short however, with only one request.  On Page 2, you will find a letter to send to the Assessor, by email, fax, or mail, requesting all of the information that was used to assess the value of your property.  As many of us remember, ever so vividly, that in past years the Assessor would not provide us with any data until we were approaching the podium to appeal our taxes.  This, of course, put us at a severe disadvantage, as we had no way of knowing which comparable properties had been used, or what “view” category determined, etc. to obtain our values.  The law is now very specific, that any request made by the taxpayer must be answered within a 15 day period.

  Even if you are not interested in appealing your assessment, this information could be invaluable in the future.

  All you have to fill out in the letter below is:
  ·         Your name and return mailing address
  ·         The APN (Assessor’s Parcel Number) of the property about which you are requesting information
  ·         The address of that property
  ·         Your signature

  Be sure to keep a copy for your own file.

  What you find out may be very interesting!!!

  Sincerely,

  Maryanne Ingemanson
  Maryanne Ingemanson, President

  Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
  Maryanne Ingemanson, President, Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman,
  Les Barta, Law Research, John Carney, Analyst, Wayne Fischer, Webmaster,
  Todd Lowe, Financial Analyst, Dale Akers, Historian, and Chuck Otto, Public Relations

  Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
  An approved non-profit organization – FEIN 88-0399029
  1165 Vivian Lane -Incline Village, Nevada  89451
   Telephone – 775-831-4011 – fax – 775 – 831-0325
  Email – mingemanson at charter.net

  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------x
  cut here

  Your Name
  Return Address
                                                                                                                January 3, 2006

  Appraiser, Washoe County Assessor
  1001 E. 9th Street
  PO Box 11130
  Reno, NV 89520-0027

  Re: APN _________________Address________________________________

  To Whom It May Concern:

  Please consider this my formal request for the production of documents as provided under, but not limited to NRS 361.227.

  The information provided should include, without limitation, copies of all land and improvement valuation data and the specific methods used by the Washoe County Assessor to determine the assessed value of;
  APN_______________, commonly known as___________________________ ,
  Incline Village, Nevada, 89451, as well as, all information included in the assessor’s evidence packet.

  Please provide a copy of the most recent appraisal of the subject property, an explanation of any cost, sales comparison data, or other evidence or method used to support the assessed value of the above mentioned property and the data used to support the method.  All sales comparison data must be based on prices actually paid in verifiable market transactions.
   {(NAC 361.118 1.(3)(d)}

  As provided by NRS 361.227 (8), see attachment for your convenience, I anticipate receiving the requested information no later than 15 days from the date of this communication.

  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

  Sincerely,

  Signature

  Attachment / Enclosure: NRS 361.227

  CC: Robert W. McGowan, Washoe County Assessor
  John Faulkner, Chief Deputy Assessor for Washoe County