NPTR: Alert #86 - FINAL REMINDER! File Your Petition for Review of Your Property Tax Assessment

maryanne ingemanson mingeivlt at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 14:30:38 PST 2006

  Village League
                                      Tax Revolt
                                                          January 6, 2006

  Dear Friends,

  FINAL REMINDER!  Only 6 more days to file the Petition for Review, (Appeal), of your property tax assessment.  The closing date for receipt by the Washoe County Assessor’s office is January 15, 2006.  If you have misplaced your form, you can get another by going to our Website, www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org.  Click on Forms in the Menu, download, fill in your name, address etc., and fax, or mail to the Washoe County Assessor’s Office.  The addresses are as follows:

  Fax: 775-328-2252

  Mail: Washoe County Assessor’s Office
             P.O. Box 11130
             Reno, Nevada  89520 – 0027

  Always keep a copy of everything that you send, just for your own files: and, always “Pay Under Protest”.  The form that you need for that is also in the Forms section of our Website and should be mailed with each one of your tax payments.

  Even though the assessors are telling people that the Appeals don’t matter, because the tax dollars that you will have to pay are limited to 3% above last year’s taxes, be sure to send in your Appeal anyway.  That law can easily be changed, and probably will be.

  The assessors are also telling the folks that the increases in “Buildings etc.” are due to Katrina!!!  Of course, the decision and the amount of percentage to increase the value of buildings was made before Katrina ever hit the Gulf Coast.  (Somehow, I have a little problem with that explanation.)

  If you have already sent in your Petition, Congratulations; if not, GET BUSY!!!

  Thanks to all of you for your support.  We are definitely in this fight together.

  Sincerely,

  Maryanne
  Maryanne Ingemanson, President

  Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
  Maryanne Ingemanson, President, Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman,
  Les Barta, Law Research, John Carney, Analyst, Wayne Fischer, Webmaster,
  Todd Lowe, Financial Analyst, Dale Akers, Historian, and Chuck Otto, Public Relations

  1165 Vivian Lane - Incline Village, Nevada  89451 – telephone - 775-831-4011 – fax - 775 – 831-0325
   Email - mingemanson at charter.net