NPTR: Alert # 87 - WE WON!!!

maryanne ingemanson mingeivlt at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 13:10:48 PST 2006

          Village League
                 Tax Revolt

     January 11, 2006

  WE WON!!!!!

  Yesterday was a Banner Day for the League and all of our members.  FINALLY -  Court rulings in our favor!!!  And, were they ever.  Judge Griffin, a Carson City District Court Judge stated that:
  ·         The State Board of Equalization did NOT equalize property taxes in Incline Village / Crystal Bay with Douglas County, or any other counties, as they are required to do by Law.
  ·         The Washoe County Assessor did NOT use the approved rules to appraise our properties, thus causing the unequal and non-uniform taxes.
  ·         The State Department of Taxation has a duty by law to have a continuing program in place to determine each year if ALL counties are equalized.  They did NOT follow the law.
  ·         All of the appeals that were heard by the State Board of Equalization were “Remanded back to the State Board with Instructions”.  The Orders from both Judge Griffin and Judge Maddox courts will be written and available by the end of the week.

  NEXT STEP?

  Be SURE to get your Petitions filed by Friday at 5:00 PM !!!  Because this was such a HUGE win in our favor, we will use the Transcript of the Judge’s Order and the court proceedings to prevail in our Appeals at the County Board of Equalization hearings.
  Additionally, Todd Lowe, one of our Board Members is meeting today with Meridian, Inc. a highly acknowledged fiscal analysis firm, to begin confirmation of the figures that the Incline Village / Crystal Bay area taxpayers have been over- charged since the 2002-2003 Tax Year.  It appears so far, that since 2002-2003, the amount is approximately $30,000,000 plus an additional $7,000,000 each year.  Currently, an average of $1,000 per year is being paid by every owner of property in Incline Village and Crystal Bay, in addition to the correct taxable property taxes!!!  Our next step is to get reimbursements for all the members of the League.
  We want everyone in our area to be included.

  VICTORY IS AT HAND

  We all are aware that nothing is over until it is really over; but this is the beginning of the result that we have been working toward for four (4) YEARS.  Sometimes tenacity does win the day.

  My personal thanks to all of you for your continuing cooperation and support.  We still have six (6) current lawsuits pending, so there is lots of work left to do; but, because of yesterdays court rulings the momentum is definitely with us, and the “wind is at our back”.

  The entire Board joins me in conveying our appreciation to all of you for your confidence in our ability to successfully take a stand against the overwhelming odds that we faced in attempting to prevail against entrenched bureaucratic injustice.

  Sincerely,

  Maryanne
  Maryanne Ingemanson, President

  Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
  Maryanne Ingemanson, President, Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman,
  Les Barta, Law Research, John Carney, Analyst, Wayne Fischer, Webmaster,
  Todd Lowe, Financial Analyst, Dale Akers, Historian, and Chuck Otto, Public Relations

  Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc. – an approved 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
  FEIN 88 - 0399029

  1165 Vivian Lane - Incline Village, Nevada  89451 – telephone -  775-831-4011 – fax -  775 – 831-0325
    Email - mingemanson at charter.net