NPTR: Alert #89 - ANOTHER WIN!!

maroticlan at aol.com maroticlan at aol.com
Sat Jan 21 18:56:39 PST 2006

Village League
                                    Tax Revolt
                                                                                                                         January 20, 2006

 ANOTHER WIN!!

When I heard about our latest win in the last two weeks, the first thought that came to my mind was, ".and the walls came tumbling down".  Cracks are starting to appear in the government castle ramparts.

However, the fight continues.  Thanks go to all of you who filed your "Petitions".  Quite number of you inquired as to whether we were planning to have a consolidated group of Appellants who would be represented at the Washoe County Board of Equalization hearings by Attorney Thomas J. Hall, who won our Appeals for us last year.

Tom Hall has indicated that he will be willing to represent consolidated appeals for those who are interested in becoming part of a group.  I am anticipating that the cost to each participant in the consolidated group will not exceed $150.  Each participant will pay an equal share - that way more of our folks can afford to be included.  The total amount has been fixed at a not to exceed cost for Attorney Hall's services of $5,000 for the entire group.  Therefore, the more participants that join with us, the less the cost will be for everyone.

The League will sign any Agreement with Attorney Hall, and pay him directly; thus, whatever amount that is paid to the League by individuals to cover their share of costs will be tax deductible.

If, however, you have specific points pertaining to your own property, that you would personally like to present to the County Board, you will still have that opportunity.  The Petition that you have already filed would be a Supplemental Petition to the group Appeal.

Please sign and send back the Form that I am attaching to this letter, as quickly as you possibly can, if you would like to join us in being represented during the 2006-2007 Tax Assessment Appeals by Attorney Thomas J. Hall.

Sincerely,

Maryanne
Maryanne Ingemanson, President

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc. -
an approved 501(c) (3) non-profit organization
FEIN 88 - 0399029

1165 Vivian Lane - Incline Village, Nevada  89451 -
telephone - 775-831-4011 - fax - 775 - 831-0325
Email - mingemanson at charter.net

Cut here

AUTHORIZATION FOR REPRESENTATION

I, _________________________________, do hereby authorize Thomas J. Hall, Esquire to represent the property described below regarding the appeal of the WASHOE COUNTY PROPERTY TAX ASSESSMENT for the tax year 2006-2007

APN ________________________, commonly known as:

______________________________________
Street Address

Washoe County, Nevada  89451

This authorization includes appearance and presentation before the Washoe County Board of Equalization, and / or before the State Board of Equalization, and/or preparation and presentation in a court action for Judicial Review, if necessary.

All costs and attorney fees will be divided equally and paid individually by the parties being represented in this consolidated action.

Date:_______________________

_______________________________________
Print Name of Owner or Trustee

_______________________________________
Signature

Mailing Address of Property Owner or Trustee

Email Address

Attorney Thomas J. Hall
305 South Arlington Avenue
Reno, Nevada  89505

Please sign and return to:
Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
C/O 1165 Vivian Lane
Incline Village, Nevada  89451
Fax: 775-831-0325