NPTR: Incline Village League Alert #97 - Supreme Court Sets Date

Maryanne Ingemanson mingemanson at charter.net
Thu Apr 27 14:47:19 PDT 2006

Village League
                                                Tax Revolt

April 27, 2006

SUPREME COURT SETS DATE

Dear Fellow Taxpayers,

After nearly four years of extraordinary effort, the culmination of all
of our endeavors has been reached.   We had determined some time ago
that a positive ruling by the Nevada Supreme Court could bring a just
determination to the untenable and unfair tax burden under which we, the
property owners, in Incline Village and Crystal Bay have been suffering
for so long.

Without your financial and moral support we would never have succeeded
in our fight to obtain this hearing before the Supreme Court of Nevada.

HOW CAN YOU HELP

Once again, we ask that you attend.  Your presence at the two Washoe
County Board of Equalization hearings made a huge impact.  The decision
makers need to see your faces!!!  The Supreme Court Justices must
realize that their decision will affect 9000 homeowners and their
families in Incline Village and Crystal Bay.  Never before, in the
history of Nevada has there been a situation such as this.  It truly is
history in the making and you all helped to make it happen.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS

June 15, 2006 - 11:30 A.M. - NEVADA SUPREME COURT
201 SOUTH CARSON STREET - CARSON CITY, NEVADA

I would suggest that you arrive at least fifteen minutes early, as
seating is limited and this case is attracting an enormous amount of
attention.
A Parking garage is located on South Stewart Street, just past Fifth,
and another parking lot is between Carson and Stewart on Fifth Street.
The Supreme Court building is located in the middle of the Capitol
Complex.
As I had mentioned in a previous letter, the City of Reno and the Washoe
County School District, have both filed "amicus curiae", (friend of the
court), briefs supporting the State and Washoe County.  They are arguing
against what they perceive will be the economic impact to Washoe County,
if we obtain the justice in taxation that is our due.

There are five attorneys in opposition to us.  Three attorneys are
representing our position. Every Supreme Court Justice will be present
to hear, in a very short period of time, the oral arguments by both
sides.

WE NEED YOU

We cannot express too strongly how important it is that you attend.
Remember, "This win is for you."   In order to keep from losing the
property tax assessment roll-back to 2002, which we won for everyone in
Incline Village and Crystal Bay before the Washoe County Board of
Equalization, WE MUST GET A FAVORABLE RULING. This is our final and
toughest battle.

Your children and/or grandchildren might find it educational to actually
see a Supreme Court hearing, especially an historical one.  The dress
code is strictly enforced and they will realize the decorum and respect
that is offered the Court and the Justices. Not a word is spoken by the
gallery and the Justices do notice inappropriate gestures or behavior
and can be influenced by it.  It is a solemn occasion and enormous
decisions will be in the balance that will influence all of our lives.

I will send you a reminder Alert once again before the big day; but,
MARK YOU CALENDARS NOW.  This is one occasion that you don't want to
miss!!!

Sincerely,

    Maryanne Ingemanson, President

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
Maryanne Ingemanson, President, Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee
Chairman,
Les Barta, Law Research, John Carney, Analyst, Wayne Fischer, Webmaster,
Todd Lowe, Financial Analyst, Dale Akers, Historian, and Chuck Otto,
Public Relations

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc. - an approved non-profit
organization - FEIN 80-399029
1165 Vivian Lane - Incline Village, Nevada  89451 - telephone -
775-831-4011 - fax - 775 - 831-0325
Email - mingemanson@ <mailto:mingemanson at charter.net> charter.net