NPTR: Alert #138: News! News! News!

Wayne Fischer TahoeWayne at nvbell.net
Thu Jul 19 15:10:29 PDT 2007

*NEWS! NEWS! NEWS!*

ALERT: #138
DATE: July 19, 2007
TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

*Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,*

    At the May 17 and June 27, 2007 hearings before the State Board of
Equalization, agreements were reached to issue property tax refunds plus
interest to nearly all of the 300 taxpayers for whom the Village League
filed appeals and won for the 2006-2007 tax year.

    The remaining 8700 cases in the Incline Village / Crystal Bay area
for which the Village League won a victory for a similar result before
the Washoe County Board in March 2006, based on Equalization, are now
before the Nevada Supreme Court awaiting a decision.

    Refunds for the 2006-2007 tax year will not be made until after the
60 day period for the State Department of Taxation to issue a "Written
Decision" has passed, and no doubt they will take every minute of their
allotted time to do so.  However, 10.25% interest will be accruing on
your refunds in the interim!

*SUPREME COURT STATUS*

    Two cases are currently before the Nevada Supreme Court that are
HUGELY important for us.  We strongly feel that we will get favorable
decisions, just as we did in our original Supreme Court victory.  Of
course, it is impossible to predict the outcome of court cases or
determine when the decisions will be forthcoming, so keep your fingers
crossed.

    The outcome of these cases will have an enormous effect on all of
our other tax cases and hearings that are ongoing.  Our legal costs are
continuing to grow, and we would greatly appreciate any contributions
that you can make to the Village League.  Please send checks to:

*Village League
1165 Vivian Lane
Incline Village, Nevada  89451*

    The Tax Bills for 2007-2008 have been received by almost everyone in
the Incline Village and Crystal Bay area from the Washoe County
Treasurer. 1000 of the property owners for whom the Village League filed
appeals before the County Board of Equalization were THRILLED to
actually see significant decreases in their property assessment values
and taxes!

    The *decrease *in the taxes of the 1000 Appellants who were
represented by Attorney Suellen Fulstone before the County Board of
Equalization for the 2007-2008 year, generally were reduced from 30% to
50%.  FINALLY, we are starting to see the results of our five years of
effort in this extremely difficult battle for fairness and equality in
taxation.

*PAY YOUR TAXES UNDER PROTEST!*

    ALWAYS pay any tax dollars that you send to Washoe County under
Protest.  Do not just write "Paid Under Protest" on your check.  By law,
you must file a separate letter.  A form for you to use is on our
website at:  www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org.   Click on Forms in the
Menu, download and send with your payment.  There is also another
available form to use if your taxes are paid from an impound account or
by a third party.

    Please keep us in your thoughts and wish us luck with our Supreme
Court cases.

Sincerely,

*Maryanne Ingemanson,* President

*Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:*
Maryanne Ingemanson, President, Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman,
Les Barta, Law Research, John Carney, Analyst, Wayne Fischer, Webmaster,
Todd Lowe, Financial Analyst, Dale Akers, Historian, and Chuck Otto,
Public Relations

*
Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc. -- an approved non-profit
organization
FEIN 88-0399029*
1165 Vivian Lane - Incline Village, Nevada  89451 - telephone
775-831-4011 - fax 775- 831-0325
Email -- mingemanson at charter.net