NPTR: Alert #150: How to request for additional property assessment data

Wayne Fischer TahoeWayne at nvbell.net
Tue Dec 11 09:17:56 PST 2007

*Get additional assessment data
from the Washoe County Assessor*

*ALERT:* #150
*DATE:* December 11, 2007
*TO:* Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
*FROM:* Village League Tax Revolt Committee

*Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,*

In the next couple of weeks, all Incline Village and Crystal Bay
property taxpayers will be receiving the dreaded *"Christmas Property
Tax Assessment Card"* in the mail.  We have seen some of these increases
and we are amazed at the new assessment values.

Some of you have already contacted us and are very upsets as to how the
Washoe County Assessor's office can increase our property values so
much, when in the last couple of years the market has been relatively
flat in Tahoe.

The only answer we can give you is to contact the assessor with a
request for this information.  By Nevada Statues, the assessor has to
respond in 15 days with this information.

One of your fellow property taxpayers has written such a letter, which
we thought was very good.  We have reformed this letter to be easily
usable by all Nevada Property Taxpayers.  Just click on the following
link to download the one page pdf file, print it out, fill it out and
mail to the Washoe County Assessor's office at:
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/07/Petition-Letter-for-More-Info.pdf

*Washoe County Assessor*
PO Box 11130
Reno, NV 89520-0027

*OR,* you can download a one page Word Document file, fill in the blanks
on your computer, except for the signature, print it out and then mail
it to the assessor.  Just download the following document at:
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/07/Petition-Letter-for-More-Info.doc

If you have not filed a *Petition for Review of Assessed Valuation* form
on your property's new assessment, you should file both forms at the
same time.  Just visit the following link for this from, print it out,
fill it out and mail to the Washoe County Assessor's office at the same
address.
http://www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/07/Petition-for-Review-CBOE-0809.pdf

Sincerely,

*/Maryanne Ingemanson  &  Wayne Fischer/*

Maryanne Ingemanson, President     and     Wayne Fischer, Web Master
Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org
mingemanson at charter.net

*Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:*
    * Maryanne Ingemanson, President
    * Dale Akers, Historian
    * Les Barta, Law Research
    * John Carney, Analyst
    * Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
    * Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman
    * Todd Lowe, Financial,
    * Chuck Otto, Public Relations

*Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.*
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325
Email: mingemanson at charter.net

#  #  #