NPTR: Alert #155: Update on the January 7th Supreme Court Hearing

Wayne Fischer TahoeWayne at nvbell.net
Wed Jan 2 16:15:58 PST 2008

*Update on the January 7th Supreme Court Hearing*

*ALERT: *#155
*DATE:* January 2, 2007
*TO:* Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
*FROM:* Village League Tax Revolt Committee

*Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,*

*REMINDER!!*

Our Nevada Supreme Court Hearing is still scheduled for *Monday, January
7th*. The hearing time has been changed to *10:30 AM.* Since our first
Alert about this event, two of our cases, instead of one, are being
heard by the Supreme Court. The first case will be heard at 10:30 A.M.
and the second at 11:00 A.M.

We recommend that you plan to arrive at least 15 to 20 minutes before
the beginning of the hearings.

The last time one of our cases was heard for Oral Arguments, no cell
phones were allowed in the Supreme Court Chambers. Everyone who carried
a cell phone had to turn it off and leave it on a table at the entry of
the court room. *We highly recommend that you leave your cell phone in
your car, hidden from plain view to avoid theft.*

*Supreme Court Location*
The Nevada Supreme Court is located at 201 S. Carson Street, Carson
City, NV.

A map of this area in Carson City can be found at:
http://maps.google.com/. Now enter "201 S. Carson Street, Carson City,
NV" into the Search Map field.

*Parking*
It is recommended you park in the large public parking lot on the
South-West corner of Stewart and 5th. After you carefully cross 5th
Street, walk north between the large parking structure (NW corner of
Stewart & 5th) and the Nevada Legislature building. The Supreme Court is
located adjacent to the large parking structure.

*Snow Storm*
Let's hope the expected very large snow storm has passed by Monday
morning and that all the roads have been plowed. We would recommend that
you check with Nevada Roads to make sure that all of the highways are clear.

*Please Be Quiet!*
To those of you who come to the hearing, please, please, please be very
quiet. *Do not say a word, laugh or make any other loud verbal comments.
The Supreme Court Justices expect total decorum from all in the audience.*

Very truly yours,

*Maryanne Ingemanson,* President
Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc

---------------------------------

*Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:*
    * Maryanne Ingemanson, President
    * Dale Akers, Historian
    * Les Barta, Law Research
    * John Carney, Analyst
    * Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
    * Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman
    * Todd Lowe, Financial,
    * Chuck Otto, Public Relations

*Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.*
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325
Email: mingemanson at charter.net

#  #  #