NPTR: Alert #156: Report on the January 7th Supreme Court Hearing

Wayne Fischer TahoeWayne at nvbell.net
Tue Jan 8 12:32:00 PST 2008

*Report on the January 7th Supreme Court Hearing*

*ALERT: *#156
*DATE:* January 8, 2007
*TO:* Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
*FROM:* Village League Tax Revolt Committee

*Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,*

*WOW!*

What a terrific day!   First, our thanks to all of the folks, who
despite the still slippery driving conditions following the "Mother of
All Storms", answered our call to attend the Nevada Supreme Court
hearing yesterday.  The Court Chambers were overflowing, (standing room
only), and chairs were set up in the rotunda for an additional 90
attendees.  Over 300 people braved the elements to attend this HUGELY
important hearing.

Our attorneys, Suellen Fulstone and Norman Azevedo were superb in their
presentations.  All seven Justices were present and were keenly
attentive.  They were taking copious notes, were asking penetrating
intelligent questions and were very involved in the entire process.

We feel confident about a positive outcome.  Of course, no decisions are
issued at the hearing and we have no way of knowing just how long it
will be before the Supreme Court will issues their decisions on the two
cases that were heard.  Naturally, we are hopeful that there will be
rulings as soon as possible, and that they will be favorable.

This is just a short Alert, as we wanted to get information about the
Supreme Court hearing out as quickly as possible.  More Alerts will be
coming shortly, so keep watching for your emails and our website for
further instructions as to what the next steps will be regarding your
Assessments for the 2008-2009 tax year.

 If you haven't sent your Petitions for Review to the Assessor yet, this
is a gentle reminder to do so.  The Petition form can be found on our
website at www.nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org. Click on Forms in the Menu
and scroll down to the very bottom of the page.  Just fill in the blanks
that are indicated by the 6 arrows, then send to:

Washoe County Assessor
1001 East Ninth Street
Reno, NV  89520

ALWAYS keep a copy for your own files.
*
Remember, January 15, 2008 is the absolute deadline date to file your
Petition for Review of (Property) Assessed Valuation for the 2008/09 Tax
Year !! *

Very truly yours,

*Maryanne Ingemanson,* President
Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc

---------------------------------

*Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:*
    * Maryanne Ingemanson, President
    * Dale Akers, Historian
    * Les Barta, Law Research
    * John Carney, Analyst
    * Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
    * Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman
    * Todd Lowe, Financial,
    * Chuck Otto, Public Relations

*Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.*
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325
Email: mingemanson at charter.net

#  #  #