NPTR: Alert #173: WHAT’S UP?

Wayne Fischer tahoewayne at nvbell.net
Fri Jul 18 15:38:33 PDT 2008

WHAT’S UP?

ALERT: #173
DATE: July 18, 2008
TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

Our thanks to all of you who are asking, by email and phone, the above question about the activities of the Village League. The answer is – powerful legal documents have been filed in Washoe and Carson City District Courts, the Nevada Supreme Court and the U.S. Federal Court! We were waiting (hopefully) to see if a Written Decision from the Supreme Court would be forthcoming before we send our next Alert.  As of today nothing has been received.

We suspect that decisions on our three cases have been delayed because so many legal actions must be decided by the Court before the upcoming Primary election ballots are printed. Remember to think of us on Thursdays, as that is when the Supreme Court Opinions are published.

WHAT NOW?

We are appealing to the Carson City District Court to reverse the State Board of Equalization’s illogical ruling to overturn the County Board of Equalization’s favorable decision, which we won in 2007, to roll-back the 900+ taxpayers’ residential land to its 2002 taxable values.

The District Court informed us just yesterday that we would have to pay a filing fee for every single one of the 900+ Petitioners that Attorney Fulstone is representing for the 2007- 08 Tax Year.  Judge Russell refused to recognize the Village League, as a “party in interest”, and ordered that all of the taxpayers, for whom we had won a substantial tax reduction before the County Board of Equalization, would have to be named individually.  Of course, this forces us to incur thousands of dollars in filing fees, for which we had not budgeted, as well as increases our costs in pursuing the case!

Please click on the following link to see if your name is in the list as one of the original Petitioners who will benefit from proceeding with this case.  Or copy and paste the following to your web browser.

www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/08/Petitioners900List.pdf

If your name is on the list, which is the actual one that we received from the court; and if you wish to continue to be represented in court by Attorney Fulstone, please send, absolutely as soon as possible, $67.00 (Sixty – seven Dollars) to:

Village League
1165 Vivian Lane
Incline Village, NV 89451

This donation will be used to pay the court mandated filing fees and additional administrative costs.

Additional donations are also welcome, as our legal defense fund is starting to run low.

WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER CASES?

Currently there are 8 cases pending in lower courts, 3 in the Nevada Supreme Court, and 1 in Federal Court.  Every single Incline Village and Crystal Bay residential property owner is included in 5 of these cases. In addition to anticipating an imminent ruling by the Supreme Court Justices, we are expecting a ruling any day now from the U.S. Federal Court.  All of these cases are powerful and may well affect the entire tax structure of the state of Nevada.  Suellen Fulstone has done an incredible job of thoroughly researching and briefing each case.  Should the Assessor appeal any of our anticipated victories, we stand ready to defend each and every one.

We are not going away!!  The Battle continues.

Stay tuned.  We hope to send out another Alert before August with news from the Supremes!!

Sincerely,

Maryanne Ingemanson, President
Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson, President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta, Law Research
- John Carney, Analyst
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
- Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman
- Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public Relations

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

#  #  #