NPTR: Alert 179: UPDATE ON DISTRICT COURT CASE

Wayne Fischer tahoewayne at nvbell.net
Sun Aug 17 20:37:56 PDT 2008

UPDATE ON DISTRICT COURT CASE

ALERT: #179
DATE: August 17, 2008
TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

Our most sincere and grateful thanks for your donations that have made it possible for us to continue to pursue the legal remedies that are necessary to finally put an end to the unequal and unconstitutional property taxes with which we have been burdened for these past years.

Suellen Fulstone, our attorney, won an extension of time, until August 29, 2008, in which to pay the individual filing fees which were demanded by the State. This exorbitant charge had to be satisfied before we could file our documents appealing the ruling by the State Board of Equalization for the 2007- 2008 tax year.  See Alert #173 in which we requested $67.00 from each of the 900 petitioners in that case.

Because of your generosity and prompt reply to our appeal for funds to meet this challenge, we now can go forward, once again, with yet another court action.

The recent powerful decision issued by the Nevada Supreme Court in our favor is yet another indication that our efforts are indeed successful!!

Summary of our Lawsuits
In today’s Bonanza newspaper, a table listing all of our present and past lawsuits was published.  If you would like to see this summary, please visit our website, www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org. Click on News Articles in the Menu, then click on the Aug 17 Bonanza news article in the table.  The summary starts on page 2.

More to Come
And, there is more to come. With your help we are keeping the pressure on!!!  Stay tuned.

Sincerely,

Maryanne Ingemanson, President
Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson, President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta, Law Research
- John Carney, Analyst
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
- Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman
- Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public Relations

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

#  #  #