NPTR: Alert #188: Ever Vigilant

Wayne Fischer tahoewayne at nvbell.net
Sat Nov 22 09:05:24 PST 2008

EVER VIGILANT

ALERT: #188
DATE: November 22, 2008
TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

Many of you are asking the question, “What is going on?” Right now we are playing a waiting game, as the SBOE has yet to schedule a hearing, as was ordered by the Nevada Supreme Court, for the 2006/07 tax year.  No refunds can be made until after the SBOE reviews the decision, made by the County Board of Equalization (CBOE) in our favor, which was to roll-back all tax assessments on land for the 9000 parcels in the Incline Village/Crystal Bay area to the 2002/03 tax year, and to issue refunds plus interest on the overpaid taxes to all IV/CB residential property owners.

First, Governor Gibbons has to appoint two new members to the SBOE, (one has been appointed), and then the State Department of Taxation has to schedule several hearings, all regarding Village League cases.

Of course the 2006/07 tax year will be hugely important, as will the District Court Order demanding that the SBOE explain how they “equalized” property taxes for the 2007/08 tax year.  Plus we are also awaiting our appeal hearings for the 2008/09 tax year.

We have heard that Governor Gibbons refused to allow the county to override the 3% Tax Cap with a 10% surcharge for “safety issues”.  Who knows what that was supposed to encompass?!!  It was another mystery tax. The Governor is continuing to honor his promise of “no new taxes”, and he has our grateful thanks.

As soon as we are apprised as to the dates that the SBOE hearings will take place, we will immediately notify all of you. You may wish to attend to see exactly what ruling the SBOE will make regarding your lower taxes and the refunds that were awarded by the CBOE.  To say that it will be interesting is truly an understatement.

CONTRIBUTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Meanwhile, our costs for legal fees are continuing. We still have three (3) more cases awaiting decisions from the Nevada Supreme Court, a Federal Court case, a lower court hearing for the 2005/06 tax year on December 12 and other cases in both the Washoe County and Carson City District Courts. We really need to refill our coffers between now and the end of the year. All of us are aware of the dire state of the economy, so any amount that you can contribute will be especially appreciated.

Please click on the following link to download our contributions form.  We would very much appreciate it if you would then print it out, fill it out, and write a check.  Thank you.

www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/pages/Contributions.html

Sincerely,

Maryanne Ingemanson

Maryanne Ingemanson, President
Village League to Save Incline Assets
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson, President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta, Law Research
- John Carney, Analyst
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
-Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public Relations

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

#  #  #