NPTR: Alert #189: Christmas Postcards Have Arrived

Wayne Fischer tahoewayne at nvbell.net
Sat Dec 20 07:55:55 PST 2008

CHRISTMAS POSTCARDS HAVE ARRIVED

ALERT: #189
DATE: December 20, 2008
TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

All of you should have, by now, received your“Christmas Assessment Postcard” from the Washoe County Assessor.

In a meeting last week that was attended by Village League Director Les Barta and President  Maryanne Ingemanson, Assessor Josh Wilson and four appraisers, we were assured that land values in the Incline Village/Crystal Bay area, “across the board”, had decreased by 10% from last years’ values.

Your assessment card should indicate this reduction under Taxable Values – Land.  Unfortunately, improvement values were increased, which reduced the overall reduction in total assessed values the range of 4% to 7%, depending on each parcel.

We are still gathering data to determine if this information is accurate; or, has the land value actually decreased more than 10%.  If that is the case and the Assessor agrees, he can then recommend a lower value to the County Board of Equalization in hearings that will be scheduled after January 15, 2009.

Another meeting with the Assessor will be requested in the near future to discuss this situation, when we will be presenting the evidence that we are now compiling. There is nothing for you to do at this time. However, watch for your Alerts to get additional information as it develops.

SHOULD WE PAY OUR NEXT TAX PAYMENT?

Additionally, some of you have asked if you should timely pay the next tax payment for the 2008/09 year. The answer is YES! And, please remember to continue to “Pay Under Protest”. You can access the form by clicking the following link:

www.nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/pages/Forms.html

The third payment is due on January 5th and the 4th payment is due on March 2nd of next year.

SBOE HEARING STILL NOT SET

The State Board of Equalization (SBOE) has not yet heard, or even scheduled, a hearing for any of the 1,300 individual petitions for appeal, or the class petition appeals for the tax year 2008/09. Attorney Suellen Fulstone will be representing the Village League and all of the Incline Village and Crystal Bay residential property owners in these cases.

We are also waiting for the SBOE to hear the Remand for Further Action that was ordered by the Supreme Court for the tax year 2006/07, as well as a Remand with respect to Equalization that was ordered by the District Court for the tax year 2007/08.

District Court Judge McGee heard oral arguments, by the attorneys, last week for the tax year 2005/06. He stated emphatically that his decision would be issued before the end of the year! We all are praying for a favorable ruling.

As you can see, final determinations for the tax years 2005/06, 2006/07, 2007/08 and 2008/09 are still to be made. There is always a lot going on behind the scenes in the legal world.

We will be notifying you, absolutely as soon as possible, about all new developments.

Our very best wishes to all for a

Merry Christmasand aJoyous New Year.

Sincerely,

Maryanne Ingemanson
Maryanne Ingemanson, President
Village League to Save Incline Assets
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson, President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta, Law Research
- John Carney, Analyst
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
- Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public Relations

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

#  #  #