NPTR: Alert 193: Important - Action Item!

Wayne Fischer tahoewayne at nvbell.net
Thu Jan 8 17:32:56 PST 2009

IMPORTANT – ACTION ITEM!

ALERT: #193
DATE: January 8, 2009
TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

Today, we filed on our website the Petition for Review of Assessed Valuation form. Please click on www.nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org, and then click on “Forms” in the menu.

Download the first form and print it out.  Then fill out all of the arrow indicated blanks and sign where indicated.

The “Owner’s Opinion of Market Value” indicates that the land value should be the same as in the 2002-2003 tax year, as that roll-back is what the Supreme Court ruled was correct, due to the unconstitutional appraisal methods that had been used by the Assessor. The “Reasons for owner’s opinion …” section has also been filled out for your convenience.

We will not know until after our meeting with the Assessor, now scheduled for Monday, whether or not the League will be representing individual taxpayers before the CBOE for these appeals. In order to be sure that you have “saved a place” to appear before the CBOE you must file your own Petition by January 15th at 5:00 P.M. You do not need to wait for the League’s decision.

Please mail your Petition to:

Washoe County Assessor
P.O. Box 11130
1001 East Ninth Street
Reno, NV  89520

Be SURE to keep a copy of everything that you send to the Assessor’s office and, once again, we remind you to make every tax payment “Under Protest”. The Protest form can also be found by clicking Forms in the www.nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org menu.

Another Alert will be issued to advise you as to the outcome of our meeting with the Washoe County Assessor.

Sincerely,

Maryanne  Ingemanson
Maryanne Ingemanson, President
Village League to Save Incline Assets
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson, President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta, Law Research
- John Carney, Analyst
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
- Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public Relations

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

#  #  #