NPTR: Alert 198: Refunds are Arriving!!

Wayne Fischer tahoewayne at nvbell.net
Sun Feb 1 14:56:36 PST 2009

REFUNDS ARE ARRIVING!!

ALERT: #198
DATE: February 1, 2009
TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

Last Friday, January 31, 2009, Washoe County Treasurer Bill Berrum mailed the first 260 of the 830 refunds that were awarded by Judge McGee to Plaintiffs who had filed individual Petitions for Appeal for the 2005-2006 tax year. The refund amount, which is anticipated to be in the millions, includes 6% interest. The remainder of the refunds will be issued by the middle of February and will include an extra month of interest due to the delay. The calculations to determine the exact amount of each individual refund are intricate to say the least; plus, the Treasurer is sending refund checks to the taxpayers who actually paid the 2005 property taxes. This entails locating the sellers of properties since 2005 and determining their new addresses. Quite an undertaking!!

WHAT A GREAT MONTH

January 2009 was truly a terrific month for the Village League. Finally, all of our six years of work is coming to fruition. Not only did we win 830 refunds for the 2005-2006 tax year, but we also were successful in working with the Washoe County Assessor, Josh Wilson, to obtain a reduction of every single property owner’s land value by nearly 25% for the 2009-2010 tax year. These are unprecedented events in Nevada history.

And, there is more to come! As we have mentioned in our previous Alerts, we still have 10 more cases either waiting for a hearing to be scheduled before the State Board of Equalization or pending decisions in District Courts, the Nevada Supreme Court or in Federal Court. Beginning with tax year 2006-2007, every parcel owner in the Incline Village and Crystal Bay area is represented by Attorney Suellen Fulstone in a class action in each subsequent year. These actions are in addition to the cases filed by individual property owners.

OUR ORIGINAL GOAL

The goal of the Village League has always been to achieve justice and equality for EVERY PROPERTY OWNER in the Incline Village and Crystal Bay area. We are getting ever closer to fulfilling that objective.

WE NEED CONTRIBUTIONS!!

Our sincere thanks to those of you who recently answered our plea for funds.  If every taxpayer could see their way to sending the League at least some contribution, we would be immensely appreciative, even under these difficult financial times.

Please make your checks out to:

Village League
1165 Vivian Lane
Incline Village, NV 89451

It is recommended that you use the attached form if you are sending us contributions.

Sincerely,

Maryanne  Ingemanson

Maryanne Ingemanson, President
Village League to Save Incline Assets
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson, President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta, Law Research
- John Carney, Analyst
-Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
- Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public Relations

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325

#  #  #