NPTR: Alert 200: Refunds for 2005/2006 Have Been Paid

Wayne Fischer tahoewayne at nvbell.net
Sun Mar 1 12:45:26 PST 2009

REFUNDS FOR 2005/2006 HAVE BEEN PAID

ALERT: #200
DATE: March 1, 2009
TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

Last Friday, February 28, 2009, the last refund checks were sent to 830 taxpayers who had filed individual Petitions for Appeal before January 15, 2005 for single family residences in Incline Village and Crystal Bay.

The reimbursements included the amount of over paid taxes for the 2005/2006 year, and adjustments for the following years plus 6% interest.

To date, Washoe County has reimbursed approximately $7,000,000 to nearly 900 residents of our area.

UNIFORM AND EQUAL?

As many of you have discovered in conversation with your neighbors, the lack of property tax equalization in our area has now become even worse!! Some parcel owners have received reduced adjustments to their assessment values, while others have not.  Some have received reimbursements – many quite substantial – while others have not.

IS THIS FAIR!!  OF COURSE NOT!!
IS THIS BATTLE OVER?
OF COURSE NOT!!

Every single residential parcel, (including condos), in Incline Village and Crystal Bay is being represented by Attorney Suellen Fulstone for reimbursements of over- paid taxes plus 6% interest for 2006/2007 and the following tax years.

The amount to be reimbursed for just the 2006/2007 tax year is approximately $20,000,000.

As we have mentioned before, the Village League has 10 lawsuits currently pending in lower courts, Federal Court and the Nevada Supreme Court on behalf of all of our members.

ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE VILLAGE LEAGUE?

YES, YOU ARE! Every owner of real property in Incline Village and Crystal Bay who pays property taxes to Washoe County is a member of the Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc. Everyone is represented by Attorney Fulstone in future years, up to 2008/2009, whether or not they previously filed an individual Petition.

The Village League appealed to the Washoe County Assessor to significantly reduce Incline Village and Crystal Bay land values beyond the 10% reduction he originally calculated and noticed to all taxpayers. He did so, bringing values down nearly 25% for tax year 2009/2010.

A big step in the right direction, but the equalization problem still exists.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

The Village League has demonstrated, without a doubt, that we can win this battle against years of excessive and unconstitutionally collected property taxes in Incline Village and Crystal Bay.  However, we cannot do it without your support. The legal fees are staggering, as you can imagine.

Some of the recent recipients of reimbursements have donated a portion of their refund to the Village League so that we can continue the battle. We would hope to receive contributions from all of those who were winners of our 2005/2006 tax year case.

Many of you regularly donate monies to replenish our war chest.  You have our grateful thanks!!  If all who will be receiving future refunds will help by sending a contribution, we can continue the fight to equalize the property tax burden.

WE CAN’T WIN WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT.

Please send your donation with the attached form or the form below.  All contributions are tax deductible.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Maryanne  Ingemanson

Maryanne Ingemanson, President
Village League to Save Incline Assets
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson, President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta, Law Research
- John Carney, Analyst
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
- Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public Relations

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325

Village League Contributions

We support the efforts of the Village League to restore uniform and equal property taxation.

(Print this page, fill in the blanks, write a check, and mail to the address below.)

Name (print clearly): ____________________________________

Mailing Address: _______________________________________

City: _________________________________________________

State: ___________________Zip: ________________________

Telephone: ___________________________________________

Email Address (print clearly): ____________________________

Assessors' Parcel Number (APN): _______________________

Signature: ___________________________________________

$50.00 _____ $100.00 ______ $500.00 ________ Other $___________

Please make check payable to and mail to:

Village League
1165 Vivian Lane
Incline Village, NV 89451

Thank you for your support!

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc
An approved 501 (c)(3) non-profit corporation. FEIN 88-0399029
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org
775-831-4011
mingemanson at charter.net

#  #  #