NPTR: Alert #201: Supreme Court Win #4 !!

Wayne Fischer tahoewayne at nvbell.net
Sat Mar 21 10:14:49 PDT 2009

SUPREME COURT WIN #4!!

ALERT: #201
DATE: March 21, 2009
TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

Can you believe it? Another unanimous decision was issued by the Nevada Supreme Court yesterday in our favor. And, this victory was for the “sledgehammer” case.  The one that we have all been praying for, as it affects every single property owner in the Incline Village, Crystal Bay area, going back to tax year2002-2003!!

It is a difficult 9 page Order for non-attorneys (including me) to understand; however, the main sentence is as follows:

“…we reverse the portion of the district court’s order dismissing the equalization claim…”.

Copy of the Ruling
If you are so inclined, you can read the complete Nevada Supreme Court Advance Opinion issued yesterday by downloading the following 9 page document.

http://www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/09/NV-SupremeCourt-090319.pdf

The case now will be sent back to Washoe District Court Judge Flanagan, (who followed retired Judge Breen), who now must demand of the taxing agencies that Incline Village taxes be equalized!!

The State of Nevada Constitution and the U.S. Constitution both state that all taxes must be applied “uniformly and equally”. For nearly seven years, this is what we have been fighting for.

WOW!!

What an incredible victory!  Additionally, in a footnote, the Supreme Court also acknowledged that the Village League not only has “standing” to raise the equalization claim, but for all of the remainder of the Village’s Leagues’ claims as well. We are truly, “looking out for you”

In all of the other ten pending legal actions, the League has been representing EVERY ONE of you. The State of Nevada and Washoe County have been trying to claim that the League has no authority to do so. This Supreme Court Order puts an end to that argument!!

An executive of the taxing Agency stated that, “No one ever thought that they would get this far”. Boy, were they ever wrong!! And, we are not through yet.

THANKS TO YOU!!

Without the support from all of you, moral and financial, we would NEVER have been able to carry on this battle against the Nevada taxing authorities. We now have the “bit in our teeth”, as the old saying goes, and we are headed full speed for the barn.

Unbelievably exciting news – stay tuned for the latest.

Sincerely,

Maryanne  Ingemanson

Maryanne Ingemanson, President
Village League to Save Incline Assets
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson, President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta, Law Research
- John Carney, Analyst
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
- Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public Relations

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325

#  #  #