NPTR: Alert #221: Judge Brent Adams' Order

Wayne Fischer wayne.fischer at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 26 13:04:22 PDT 2009

JUDGE BRENT ADAMS’ ORDER

ALERT: #221
DATE: October 26, 2009
TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

We were so thrilled to receive the official Order from the Court regarding our Writ of Mandamus Motion against the Washoe County Treasurer, that we thought all of you who were not able to attend the hearing should at least be able to join us in reading the Order and celebrating this huge step forward in our ongoing struggle to get property tax refunds for all of the residential taxpayers in Incline Village and Crystal Bay.

The most pertinent part reads as follows:

ACCORDINGLY, IT IS ORDERED, ADJUDGED AND DECREED  that the petition for writ of mandamus is granted, and the respondent, Bill Berrum, Washoe County Treasurer, is mandated and commanded to forthwith comply with the March 8, 2006 decision and order of the Washoe County Board of Equalization as memorialized in the Notice of Decision issued on January 23, 2007, and as reflected on the real property assessment roll for Washoe County as corrected by the Washoe County Assessor in January of 2007, by calculating the amount of excess taxes paid by the owners of all Incline Village and Crystal Bay residential property for the tax year 2006-2007 and subsequent years, and refunding to taxpayers the amount of those excess taxes with interest calculated pursuant to NRS 361.482 at the rate of 0.5 percent per month, or fraction thereof, from the last day of the calendar month in which the overpayment was made to the last day of the calendar month in which the refund is
 made.

DATED this 23rd day of October, 2009.
BRENT ADAMS
DISTRICT JUDGE

It would be hard for anyone NOT to understand exactly what the Judge intended!!

To read the entire Order click on:

www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/09/Order-DistirctCourt-23Oct09.pdf

We have no way of knowing exactly when the refunds will start to appear in all of your mail boxes, but the interest of 6% is accruing while we wait.

There are still other legal actions pending in the courts for years other than 2006-2007. We will be sending future Alerts to keep you advised as to our progress in those cases.

Sincerely,

    Maryanne Ingemanson

Maryanne Ingemanson, President
Village League to Save Incline Assets
mingemanson at charter.net
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson, President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta, Law Research
- John Carney, Analyst
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
- Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public Relations

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325

#  #  #