NPTR: Alert #222: The Birth of a Rebellion

Wayne Fischer wayne.fischer at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 06:41:36 PST 2009

The Birth of a Rebellion

ALERT: #222
DATE: November 2, 2009
TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

John Dougherty, a nationally known investigative reporter has been engaged by the Nevada Policy Research Institute (NPRI) to write a series of in depth articles about Nevada’s property tax system. Their interest was triggered by the seven year Village League tax revolt against Washoe County, the State of Nevada Department of Taxation and the Nevada Tax Commission.

If you are interested in reading these detailed articles about our tax revolt and how it may affect Nevada’s existing property tax system, click on the following links:

The first chapter is:

Stage set for property tax showdown
Washoe County controversy only 'tip of the iceberg’
www.npri.org/publications/stage-set-for-property-tax-showdown

The second chapter is:

The birth of a rebellion
Why Nevada’s property-tax system may soon crumble
www.npri.org/publications/the-birth-of-a-rebellion

As additional chapters are published we will bring them to you on future Alerts. These writings are truly an amazing expose of the problems with the Nevada tax system and will give you a better understanding of the enormously complicated bureaucratic nightmare that has evolved in our state.

Best Regards,
Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
Nevada Property Tax Revolt Web
Wayne.Fischer at yahoo.com
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson, President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta, Law Research
- John Carney, Analyst
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
- Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public Relations

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

#  #  #