NPTR: Alert #229: What is It

Wayne Fischer wayne.fischer at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 3 13:59:06 PST 2010

WHAT IS IT

ALERT:#229
DATE:February 3, 2010
TO:Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM:Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

All of us received or will receive a “junk mail” type communication from Washoe County District Attorney Richard Gammick. Not only did it not specify why you were included in this mass mailing, the text size was nearly impossible to read without a magnifying glass.

If you did not receive one of these communications and want to read one, click on the following link:
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/10/2009Nov6-WC-DistrictAttorney.pdf

This letter appears to be justanother attempt by Washoe County to delay and hopefully avoid having to return the excess taxes collected in 2006 for approximately 9000 residential property owners in Incline Village and Crystal Bay

It seems that Richard Gammick, the Washoe County District Attorney, is attempting to delay the repayment of taxpayers at least until after the fall elections. (In case you were unaware, Mr. Gammick is running for re-election.)

WHAT SHOULD WE DO

We are amazed at the District Attorney and the County Commissioners’ disregard for the courts, abuse of the rights of taxpaying citizens and their willingness to create a nationally recognized spectacle of our County and our State. These tactics are costing the County millions of dollars per year, just in interest and legal expenses.

Appropriate measures are being taken to defend against the outrageous strategies of Washoe County.

To get an informed perspective on the whole property tax situation, you can read the reports of the NPRI investigative reporting project at:
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/pages/NPRI-Articles.html

You can call the office of Richard Gammick, the Washoe County District Attorney at 775-328-3220; and email John Breternitz, our Washoe County Commissioner at john at breternitz.org if you would like to share your thoughts. Other County Commissioners might also be interested in hearing from you.

We are hopeful that the court will see through this latest tactic and immediately reject it. We will continue to report on legal developments in future Alerts.

Stay tuned.

Sincerely,

    Maryanne Ingemanson

Maryanne Ingemanson,President
Village League to Save Incline Assets
mingemanson at charter.net
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson,President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta,Law Research
- John Carney,Analyst
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
- Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public Relations

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325

#  #  #