NPTR: Alert #232: A Call to Action

Wayne Fischer wayne.fischer at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 06:03:55 PDT 2010

A CALL TO ACTION

ALERT:#232
DATE:March 14, 2010
TO:Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM:Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

Attorney Suellen Fulstone will be representing every one of us in oral arguments before Judge Patrick Flanagan at the Washoe County Court House, located at the corner of Court Street and Sierra Street in Reno, on Thursday - March 25, 2010 at
2:30 P.M.

This will be a hearing, ordered by the Nevada Supreme Court, for the district court to determine how taxes should be equalized for the 2003-2004 tax year between Douglas County and Incline Village/Crystal Bay properties at Lake Tahoe.

The decision to be made by Judge Flanagan will affect all 9000 owners of residential property in the Incline Village/Crystal Bay area. Each of us has a very personal stake in the outcome of this legal action to obtain tax relief. Douglas County properties have only been taxed at approximately 1/3 of the amount as similar properties in Incline Village/Crystal Bay.

Our case was originally filed by Attorney Fulstone in the fall of 2003. The wheels of justice do grind slowly. We need to indicate by our presence that it is still just as important to us now to obtain uniform and equal taxation as it was seven years ago.
Please join us. We need your support. This has been a very long battle.

We suggest that you plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early and bring change for the parking meters.

Washoe County District Court House
Judge Patrick Flanagan – Dept. 7
Thursday - March 25, 2010
2:30 PM

Sincerely,

    Maryanne Ingemanson

Maryanne Ingemanson,President
Village League to Save Incline Assets
mingemanson at charter.net
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson,President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta,Law Research
- John Carney,Analyst
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
- Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public Relations

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325

#  #  #