NPTR: Alert #243: A Huge Step Up

Wayne Fischer wayne.fischer at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 12 08:50:45 PDT 2010

A HUGE STEP UP

ALERT: #243
DATE: September 11, 2010
TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

The United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has accepted our case and
scheduled Oral Arguments for October 8, 2010 in San Francisco. Just the fact
that this Court recognized the importance of our struggle says volumes  about
our situation. Only about 15% of all of the cases that are presented to this
Court are actually accepted for a hearing. The remaining decisions are made
based solely on the documents that are filed by the attorneys.

This occurrence raises the visibility of our struggle to obtain equalization in
property taxation for the entire State of Nevada. “We have come a long way
baby”, as the old saying goes.

We started with a true “grass roots” movement of about twenty taxpayers from the
Incline Village and Crystal Bay, and grew, through the efforts of the Village
League to Save Incline Assets, to encompass all 9000 property owners in our
area. As the powers that be have come to realize, we are now a force to be
reckoned with.

Following the ruling that will be made by the Ninth Circuit Court, we could be
on our way to the United States Supreme Court. It truly is amazing what a
dedicated group of citizens can  accomplish.

MEANWHILE…

Our patience is being tested as we await yet more decisions from the Nevada
Supreme Court. As you are probably aware Washoe County appealed both the
decision by Judge Brent Adams, who ordered the Washoe County Treasurer to
refund  to ALL residential property owners in Incline Village and Crystal Bay
the over collected taxes from the 2006 tax year, as well as  the decision by
Judge James Wilson to uphold the powerful ruling in our favor by the State Board
of Equalization.

We also have numerous other cases still pending in the District Courts.

I know that the Alerts haven’t been sent as often as they normally have been,
but most of the activity is taking place behind the scenes in the hands of the
attorneys.

We are continuing to tighten our grip on finalizing the payment of  the monies
that are due to the property owners, in spite of Washoe County making every
effort to stall in making restitution. However, interest continues to accrue at
6% on all of the funds owed.

As soon as any decisions are forthcoming we will notify you immediately.

Once again, our thanks to all of you for your continuing support.

Sincerely,

   Maryanne Ingemanson

Maryanne Ingemanson, President
Village League to Save Incline Assets
mingemanson at charter.net
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets  Board  Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson, President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta, Law Research
- John Carney, Analyst
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
- Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public Relations

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325

#  #  #