NPTR: Alert 244: Still Waiting

Wayne Fischer wayne.fischer at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 11:41:34 PDT 2010

STILL WAITING…

ALERT:#244
DATE:November 6, 2010
TO:Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM:Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

Whoever said that the wheels of justice grind slowly surely knew what they were
talking about. Our hearing on October 8th in San Francisco, before the Ninth
Circuit Court of Appeals, went extremely well!!  Based on the questions that
were posed by the Justices the general consensus of opinion is that their
decision will be in our favor – hooray. We should be getting that Order sometime
this month.

This case is an action for declaratory relief that the revised regulations
adopted by the Nevada Tax Commission for property tax assessment purposes create
an unconstitutional tax system for residential properties.

The Nevada Supreme Court decisions take even longer!! We currently have three
cases currently submitted to that judicial body. The first Order that we are
anticipating is on the Appeal by Washoe County of Judge Adam’s Order of October
23, 2009.  He required the Washoe County Treasurer to pay refunds plus interest
to all 9000 residential property owners in the Incline Village and Crystal Bay
areas for the tax year 2006-2007.

The final documents in that case were submitted to the Nevada Supreme Court by
all parties on July 1st. Hopefully, we will have a decision in our favor by
Christmas. Wouldn’t that be a terrific holiday present that we could all
celebrate?

We will be notifying you as soon as we hear any news from the courts. Meanwhile,
have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Sincerely,

   Maryanne Ingemanson

Maryanne Ingemanson,President
Village League to Save Incline Assets
mingemanson at charter.net
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson,President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta,Law Research
- John Carney,Analyst
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
- Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public Relations

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325

#  #  #