NPTR: Alert #261: Another Supreme Court Victory

Wayne Fischer wayne.fischer at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 11:59:46 PDT 2012

ANOTHER SUPREME COURT
VICTORY

ALERT:#261
DATE:August 12, 2012
TO:Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
FROM:Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,

Unbeknownst to many property owners
in Incline Village and Crystal Bay, on October 22, 2010 Washoe County District
Attorney, Dick Gammick,  filed an Appeal
to the Nevada Supreme Court in an attempt to overthrow a previous ruling, won
by the Village League, which ordered the payment of refunds to all 9,000 IV/CB
residential parcel owners.

Our amazing attorney, Suellen
Fulstone, was noticed last Thursday that the Supreme Court Justices unanimously
ruled in our favor. There is now no question remaining that the refunds of
$43,000,000 for 2006 and subsequent tax years MUST be paid. Had she not been
victorious, after this nearly seven year battle, the County could have
proceeded to attempt to stop payment on any future refunds and recall the
monies that have already been distributed!!!

The Supreme Court has now
unanimously ruled in our favor in six separate cases.

Click to read the entire Supreme
Court Order:
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/12/NV-SupremeCourt-120809.pdf

TAX REFUNDS

Many of you are concerned that you
have not yet received your refunds.  The
county is processing 500 to 600 refunds a month and plans to complete all
payments by August 2013, as mandated by District Court Judge Adams. No list is
available indicating in which order the refunds will be paid.

In July the County began paying the
interest portion of refunds again and will be catching up on previously
withheld interest payments in the near future.

The  Washoe County Treasurer generates a monthly status report on the Incline
Village / Crystal Bay Property Tax Refund progress.  Click on the following link to read her
report for the month of July.
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org/12/WC-PropTaxRefund-StatusReport-Aug2012.pdf

THE BATTLE CONTINUES

As we have mentioned in prior
Alerts, the Village League is continuing to press forward on all legal fronts
to assure that Justice is served. The very first case that we filed, “…for the
2003 tax year and each subsequent tax year”, is still being pursued and a
hearing before the State Board of Equalization will be held in the very near
future. Please watch your Alerts for the time and place as we will be asking for
your attendance once again. IT IS IMPORTANT. Notice is taken when we show
solidarity by appearing. In fact, the current Supreme Court Order stated:

3. Multiple taxpayers attended the
hearing "in support of. . . Fulstone and her actions," and several briefly
spoke in support of continuing the hearing. It is unclear from the record how
many taxpayers attended the hearing, although the State Board commented that
there were "a lot of people" in attendance.

We are hoping that this ten year
effort will soon be successfully coming to a close. Our sincere thanks to all
of you who have given us your moral and financial support without which we
could never have prevailed.

Stay tuned…

Sincerely,

Maryanne Ingemanson,President
Village League to Save
Incline Assets
mingemanson at charter.net
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save
Incline Assets Board Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson,President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta,Law Research
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
- Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public Relations

Village
League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325

#  #  #