NPTR: Alert #274: Tax Alert Tax Alert

Wayne Fischer wayne.fischer at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 11 12:04:04 PDT 2013

TAX ALERT     TAX ALERT

ALERT:#274
DATE:July 11, 2013
TO:Incline Village & Crystal Bay
Property Owners
FROM:Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear
Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

As
many of you may recall, our case to prevent the reappraisal of our properties
back to 2002/2003 was heard in the Court of Judge Patrick Flanagan on Friday,
June 14, 2013. Some 135 Incline Village/Crystal Bay residents journeyed down
the hill to hear our arguments and support the position that a reappraisal was
both improper and impractical.

However,
on July 3rd Judge Flanagan issued an Order which allowed the County to start the
reappraisal process and, in effect, rejected our arguments and objections.  It was extremely disturbing that in the Order
Judge Flanagan did not even address the merits of our positions.  He simply has allowed the case to be kicked
up to the State Supreme Court where it would probably have wound up regardless
of the decision.

And,
that is precisely what the Village League has done on behalf of all Incline
Village/ Crystal Bay property owners.  We
have already filed an Appeal to the Supreme Court.  And, we will be seeking a stay of Judge
Flanagan’s order and thereby prevent the reappraisal process from commencing
until the Supreme Court hears our case.

These
actions are extremely important!  We are
concerned that the County, as well as the State Board of Equalization, see
their reappraisal strategy as a means to back-date and raise our taxes.  Even if they are unsuccessful, their actions
will continue their maneuvers to stall, delay and avoid.  And, of course they do all of this on our
taxpayer dollar.

We
fully intend to pursue our course of action to the end.  We have been successful in five consecutive
Supreme Court decisions as it regards to Incline Village/Crystal Bay property
taxes.  We are cautiously optimistic that
this body will see through the County’s tactics and make a final ruling in this
11-year fiasco.

We
will keep you posted on any significant developments.

Sincerely,

Chuck Otto,Public Relations
Village League to Save Incline
Assets
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets
Board Members:
- Maryanne Ingemanson,President
- Dale Akers, Historian
- Les Barta,Law
Research
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
- Todd Lowe, Financial,
- Chuck Otto, Public
Relations

Village
League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
Non-Profit
Corporation - FEIN 88-0399029
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

#  #  #