NPTR: Alert #276: Maryanne Ingemanson’s Legacy

Wayne Fischer wayne.fischer at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 06:42:33 PDT 2013

Maryanne Ingemanson’s Legacy

ALERT:#276
DATE:August 5, 2013
TO:Incline Village & Crystal Bay
Property Owners
FROM:Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear
Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

Last
week the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza published the following guest column.

---------------------------------

Maryanne Ingemanson’s Legacy

While
Maryanne Ingemanson felt it necessary to step aside as the President of the
Village League to Save Incline Assets’ Board due to serious health issues, the
legacy she leaves will be long remembered and greatly treasured by the property
owners of Incline Village/Crystal Bay.

The
outpouring of gratitude and comments of genuine appreciation being expressed by
the community to this recent announcement is testimony to her enormous
contributions.

And,
that she left a strong and dedicated board capable of decisive action and
determination to achieve total victory is one of her major legacies.

Of
course, the greatest victory was the July 2011 Supreme Court decision which has
now resulted in 7,451 refunds being processed totaling nearly $45 million
(including $7.5 million in interest).

This
was the capstone of many court victories that Maryanne has led during this
11-year battle with Washoe County. But this huge win was just a milestone in
this ongoing fight with the government bureaucrats.

Many
of us recall the day back in 2003 when resident property owners received the
tax bill that increased the average property tax payment by some 50 percent
(some were 100 percent+ and vacant land owners got a whopping 76 percent
average bump).

While
many of us just moaned and asked “why,” Maryanne organized for action. She
brought together a board with various skills needed to fight the fight,
interviewed legal representation until we had just the right person, directed
the board to gather signatures on petitions to protest the outrageous
increases, hired experts to help make our case and directed the efforts to
raise well more than $1 million to fight the legal battles on behalf of all of
us.

Many
words have been used to describe Maryanne. Among the ones heard most often are
“brilliant,” “tenacious,” “determined” and “dedicated.”

It
is hard to comprehend the time and effort she expended to right the wrongs,
expose the illegal and unconstitutional methods used to appraise our properties
and to seek the appropriate corrections to an unequal and unfair treatment of
the IV/CB property owners.

We’ve
all heard the phrase “It takes a village.” Well, Maryanne galvanized this
village. She was the orchestra leader that put all of the pieces together to
form a symphony. She certainly has to be proud that she grew a grassroots
organization through a volunteer board.

And,
her efforts will continue on by the board and legal representation she put
together. Her spirit and conviction has rubbed off on all of us and we’ll
continue what Maryanne so brilliantly put together.

We
are inspired to finish what we started and, together with the support of the
community, win what is rightfully ours in spite of the tactics and stalling on
the part of our opponents.

Thank
you, Maryanne, for all you have done and we look forward to your good counsel
and advice as we go forward.

This
column was co-authored by the Board of Directors for the Village League to Save
Incline Assets. Learn more at www.nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org .

---------------------------------

Best
Regards,
Wayne
Fischer,Webmaster
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets
Board Members:
- Todd Lowe,President
- Les Barta,Vice
President
- Dale Akers, Secretary
Treasurer
- Chuck Otto, Public
Relations
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
and eMail Moderator
- Dean Ingemanson, Director

Village
League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
Non-Profit
Corporation - FEIN 88-0399029
77 Shoreline Circle, Incline Village, NV 89451
Village.League at yahoo.com
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

#  #  #