NPTR: Alert #280: Status Report

Village League village.league at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 21:00:36 PDT 2014

STATUS REPORT

ALERT:#280
DATE:May 1, 2014
TO:Incline Village & Crystal Bay
Property Owners
FROM:Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear
Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Tax Protesters,

Another
year is upon us and we're still at it. More than 10 years ago we filed a
lawsuit claiming that Incline Village and Crystal Bay property taxpayers were
treated differently than other areas in Nevada. The lawsuit claims that our
assessments in 2003 and subsequent years were unconstitutional and that all taxpayers
in our area were inequitably affected by unconstitutional assessment and should
receive equal treatment under the law.

The
Courts have ordered the State Board of Equalization to apply the principles of
recent landmark Supreme Court decisions and equalize property values for the
tax years in dispute. So far, however, the State Board has dodged and stalled.
In its most recent action, instead of equalizing as required by court orders
and Nevada law, the State Board ordered the assessor to REAPPRAISE all property
values for each of the years in question, including those property values
already reduced to 2002 levels by the settled law of the Supreme Court.

We
believe that such an action by the State Board is clearly illegal and
unworkable, and that it violates both the intent and letter of the recent
Supreme Court decisions. Thus we are once again in the Supreme Court with this
matter. Over the past months our attorneys have perfected and filed briefs
before the Court.  We await our day in
court...again.

We
have fought against adverse agendas in the County and State previously, which
finally led to the area-wide refunds for the 2006 tax cycle. The present case
deals with the earlier years, but the issues are very much the same. With your
continued support we intend to finish this battle despite the tactics of local
and state officials, until justice is done.

Sincerely,

Les Barta,Vice President
Village League to Save Incline
Assets, Inc.
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org
Village.League at yahoo.com

---------------------------------

Village League to Save Incline Assets
Board Members:
- Todd Lowe,President
- Les Barta,Vice
President
- Dale Akers, Secretary
Treasurer
- Chuck Otto, Public
Relations
- Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
and eMail Moderator
- Dean Ingemanson, Director

Village
League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
Non-Profit
Corporation - FEIN 88-0399029
77 Shoreline Circle, Incline Village, NV 89451
Village.League at yahoo.com
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

#  #  #