NPTR: Happy 4th from the Village League

Nevada Property Tax Revolt Alert Email Group alert at NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org
Mon Jul 4 14:36:27 PDT 2016

Happy 4th!

ALERT: #285

DATE: July 4, 2016

TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners

FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

On this 4th of July here is some good news for Incline Village and Crystal Bay property owners.

 We recently paid a visit to Washoe County's newly elected assessor, Mike Clark.  In contrast to our years of reporting unlawful and taxpayer-adverse acts we can report quite a different situation.   We spoke with Mike at length about many aspects of property valuation which are important to our Nevada community's property owners.  He was open and direct.  His responses were refreshing.  Assessor Mike Clark, while diligently performing the duties of his office, has a pro-taxpayer attitude. One indicator is the outcome he and his staff have produced in service to our County this year.

Remember the days when thousands of Washoe County taxpayers petitioned repeatedly to get their illegal assessment adjusted?  Then onto the Boards of Equalization and finally onto the Courts?

We have turned a corner.  During 2016 out of Washoe County's 170,000 parcels there were only 91 appeals to the assessor's assessments.   That is already a low percentage.  The remarkably good news is that the assessor's office worked out revised assessments to the satisfaction of most of the petitioners.  Only five taxpayers actually went the extra step of appearing before the County Board of Equalization.  Three petitioners earned reductions before the CBOE.

Results like these could only occur thanks to a fair-minded conservative approach to assessment combined with careful listening and understanding of taxpayer concerns.

 We are thankful that Mike Clark entered into the race for Assessor and that you had the good sense to elect him to the office.

 There are many other players in Nevada's taxation system.  Stay tuned for a report on their performances.

Todd Lowe

President

---------------------------------
Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:

-Todd Lowe, President
-Les Barta, Vice President
-Dale Akers, Secretary Treasurer
-Dean Ingemanson, Director

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

Village.League at yahoo.com
77 Shoreline Circle, Incline Village, NV 89451

###