NPTR: Alert 292: The State Board Gets It Wrong Again

Nevada Property Tax Revolt Alert Email Group alert at NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org
Thu Sep 7 14:40:57 PDT 2017

The State Board Gets It Wrong Again

ALERT: #292

DATE: September 7, 2017
TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners

FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Unremarkably, last Tuesday the State Board of Equalization did the wrong thing yet again.   The State Board again denied Incline Village/Crystal Bay homeowners any remedy for unconstitutional valuations and a lack of equalization.  The constitutional defects persist and you still are very likely to have paid your taxes based on a dramatically different and higher property valuation than your neighbor.

The Board's lack of action only confirms our view that the Supreme Court never intended this matter to go back before the Board.  The Board either does not understand the law or simply refuses to follow it.   We need to give credit to the one Board member who recognized the constitutional issue and voted to give some justice to injured homeowners.

The Board will issue a written decision in a few weeks.  At that time, we will begin the process of having the decision set aside.  In the meantime, we continue to pursue other alternatives.  The process has never been easy, but we keep our eyes on the goal and our shoulders to the wheel.   With your continued help and support, the cause of Incline Village/Crystal Bay homeowners will prevail.

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:

-Todd Lowe, President
-Les Barta, Vice President
-Dale Akers, Secretary Treasurer
-Dean Ingemanson, Director

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.

www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

Village.League at yahoo.com

77 Shoreline Circle, Incline Village, NV 89451

###