NPTR: Alert #297 The Battle for Constitutional Taxation

Nevada Property Tax Revolt Alert Email Group alert at NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org
Sat Apr 13 11:47:37 PDT 2019

THE BATTLE FOR CONSTITUTIONAL TAXATION

ALERT: #297
DATE: April 13, 2019
TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners

FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

With your support, the Village League has been defending for more than 15 years the right of Incline Village and Crystal Bay residential property owners to constitutional taxation. We are now preparing for a new court hearing on the 2003-2005 tax years.

Under court order, unconstitutional residential property tax assessments across the Incline Village/Crystal Bay area for 2006-2007 were replaced with constitutional assessments and taxpayers given refunds.  Property tax assessments for the 2003 – 2005 years in our area were based on the exact same criteria as the original 2006-2007 assessments and are similarly unconstitutional.  Everyone, including Washoe County and the State, knows that the 2003-2005 assessments are unconstitutional. The Nevada Supreme Court has repeatedly returned this matter to the State Board of Equalization to equalize and replace these unconstitutional and void assessments with constitutional assessments.  The State Board, however, continues to refuse to take the required constitutional action.

In its most recent decision, the State Board knowingly and deliberately followed an unlawful process and applied an unlawful standard to uphold these admittedly unconstitutional 2003-2005 valuations.   Notwithstanding an equalization mandate from the courts, the Board took no action to equalize the inequities inherent in unconstitutional property valuations.

On behalf of taxpayers, the Village League challenged the Board's most recent unlawful decision in the courts.  The matter will be argued before Washoe County District Judge Drakulich in Reno on May 10, 2019.    We invite everyone to attend this very important hearing. We must speak with one united voice to oppose unlawful and unjust government action.

The hearing will be at 1:30 PM on May 10 in Department 1 at the Second Judicial District Court, 75 Court Street in Reno. Please mark your calendars and join us at this hearing.  This is your battle.

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:

-Todd Lowe, President
-Les Barta, Vice President
-Dale Akers, Secretary Treasurer
-Dean Ingemanson, Director

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.

www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

Village.League at yahoo.com

77 Shoreline Circle, Incline Village, NV 89451

# # #