NPTR: Alert 301: WE WON!!!

Nevada Property Tax Revolt Alert Email Group alert at NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org
Mon Oct 21 13:56:26 PDT 2019

WE WON!!!

ALERT: #301

DATE: October 21, 2019

TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners

FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,

Our patience and hard work has come to fruition!  Our attorneys Suellen Fulstone, Norm Azevedo and Jessica Prunty did a superb job of presenting our case to the Court.   District Court Judge Drakulich listened and has issued a 57 page decision.

Rather than paraphrase, here is the exact text from the Order.

Therefore, for good cause, it is HEREBY ORDERED that:

•   (1)  The Complaint and Petition for Judicial Review is granted;

•   (2)  The State Board Equalization Order dated October 30, 2017 and served on November 30, 2017 is vacated in its entirety;

•   (3) The land values for Incline Village/Crystal Bay residential properties for the 2003-04, 2004-2005, 2005-2006 tax years were determined using valuations methods found to be unconstitutional and are void;

•   (4) The State Board is ordered to equalize the 2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006 taxable values of all Incline Village/Crystal Bay residential properties to constitutional 2002-2003 levels, as factored;

•   (5) The Assessor is directed to replace unconstitutional 2003-2004, 2004-2005 and 2005- 2006 taxable land values for residential parcels, in Incline Village and Crystal Bay with 2002-2003 taxable land values and to apply the Commission approved factor of .08% to the 2002-2003 taxable land values for the 2005-2006 tax year, except that any residential property value reduced between 2002-2003 and any of the three subsequent tax years shall be reset at the lower of the two values;

•   (6) The Washoe County Assessor shall correct and adjust the tax rolls for 2003-2004, 2004- 2005, 2005-2006 tax years to reflect the replaced constitutional taxable values;

•   (7) The Washoe County Treasurer is directed to calculate the excess taxes paid by Incline Village/Crystal Bay residential property owner/taxpayers for the 2003-2004 tax year going forward and to refund those excess taxes to such owner/taxpayers with interest as required by law;

•    (8) The Washoe County Treasurer is further ordered to provide the Court within 90 days of the date of this order with a proposed schedule for the payment of refunds to Incline Village/Crystal Bay owner/taxpayers before the completion of one year from the date of this order. The Court shall review The Court shall review and modify and/or approve the proposed schedule and require the Treasurer to report monthly on its compliance with said schedule; and

•    (9) The adjudicated property values of the Bakst Plaintiffs/Petitioners along with those of all similarly situated Incline Village/Crystal Bay residential property owner/taxpayers with adjudicated land values for any and all of the three tax years 2003-2004, 2004-2005 and 2005-2006 are ratified and confirmed

IN SUMMARY

Our 15 year battle has finally come to the conclusion for which all of us have been hoping and praying. How thrilling to be able to share this extraordinary news of another VICTORY with you. Our patience has been rewarded and we truly have been given a huge reason to celebrate.

Our thanks to all of you for your confidence and donations to our efforts to win this extraordinary campaign against unconstitutional taxation by governmental agencies.  Our founder and longtime leader, Maryanne Ingemanson would be proud.

JUSTICE WILL TRIUMPH!!

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:

-Todd Lowe, President
-Les Barta, Vice President
-Dale Akers, Secretary Treasurer
-Dean Ingemanson, Director

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.

www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

Village.League at yahoo.com

77 Shoreline Circle, Incline Village, NV 89451

# # #