NPTR: Alert 302: Your Victory

Nevada Property Tax Revolt Alert Email Group alert at NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org
Tue Oct 22 15:12:03 PDT 2019

Your Victory

ALERT: #302

DATE: October 22, 2019

TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners

FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,

Your responses to yesterday’s news has been overwhelming.  Thanks again for your hearty support.  Many of you have questions.  Here is some additional information addressing some of those questions.

The Court has granted property tax relief in the form of refunds for all Incline Village and Crystal Bay residential property owners of record over the three year period between 2003/4 and the 2005/6 tax years.  Additionally, those with previous decisions in their favor won’t have their relief taken away.

Despite the County and State’s efforts to deny you equal treatment, essentially everyone has now been put on the same footing. The wrongful application of unconstitutional property assessment methods applied exclusively to Incline Village and Crystal Bay properties has now been fully corrected.  It is about time.

WHAT HAPPENS NOW?

Our attorneys and the board members of the Village League are, as we speak, poring over every word of this powerful decision to determine exactly how best to proceed.  We will likely meet with the County Treasurer and Assessor.

The Assessor is directed to reset the your property’s assessed value to whatever value existed during the 2002/3 tax year.  You will be refunded an amount equal to the difference in taxes you actually paid and the amount you should have paid using the 2002/3 assessment value.  In addition, you will be paid interest over the period from which you made your original payments until the date of the refund.

As displayed yesterday, the Treasurer has 90 days to present the Court with a refund schedule.  Thereafter the Court will review the Treasurer’s progress monthly until all refunds are completed within the next year.

HOW WILL YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO?

We will be sending Alerts as quickly as the process unfolds. Watch for your email instructions.

There are lots of details involving tax refunds, interest calculations, and other items that will require your attention.  Expect more information from us on this topic.  We hope you have kept all your property and property tax records since tax year 2003/04, 2004,2005 and 2005/2006.  Start digging now to find them.  They will likely become necessary.

Some property owners have sold the homes they owned during the 2003-2006 period and moved to new addresses.  Those owners are due refunds and will need to notify the County Treasurer of their current contact information.  Expect that we will broadcast a recommendation of how to accomplish that notice timely.

STAY TUNED

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:

-Todd Lowe, President
-Les Barta, Vice President
-Dale Akers, Secretary Treasurer
-Dean Ingemanson, Director

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.

www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

Village.League at yahoo.com

77 Shoreline Circle, Incline Village, NV 89451

# # #