NPTR: Alert 303: Responsible Action?

Nevada Property Tax Revolt Alert Email Group alert at NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org
Mon Nov 11 16:59:03 PST 2019

Responsible Action?

ALERT: #303

DATE: November 11, 2019

TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners

FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,

Despite the district court’s crystal clear conclusion that the County must return illegally collected taxes to Incline Village and Crystal Bay property owners, the Washoe County DA is proposing to continue the fight.  The DA is seeking permission from our County Commissioners to appeal Judge Drakulich’s ruling to the Nevada Supreme Court.  The item is on the agenda for the upcoming Tuesday November 12 Commission meeting.  Unbelievably they are even proposing to pursue an appeal using outside counsel, even further increasing the cost to all Washoe County taxpayers.

The district court’s decision is the product of careful research and analysis by the court and would end the injustice to taxpayers and 15 years of cost heaped upon taxpayers here and throughout the County.  The County admitted the unconstitutional assessments and the Judge rejected the County's technical arguments to avoid responsibility for its own wrongdoing.

You can read the judge’s ruling yourself:

http://nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Village-League-Order.pdf

The court’s order is written in language taken directly from Supreme Court decisions based on fundamental principles established in this and closely related cases.  We believe the Supreme Court will never make unconstitutional government actions legal. The Supreme Court will not reverse itself on these settled precedents so asking them for that through an appeal is a wasteful and futile exercise that only results in delaying justice to Incline Village/Crystal Bay homeowners and increasing the cost to all County taxpayers.

Until this matter is resolved, costs to County taxpayers will continue to pile up in excess of $5,000 daily - THAT’S OVER $5,000 EVERY SINGLE DAY, and another appeal will cost those same taxpayers more than an additional $5 million. It’s time to be constructive and seek a reasonable and prompt end to everyone's pain.

MESSAGE TO THE BOARD

We have sent a message to all the Commissioners in advance of their meeting.  You can access our letter at:

http://nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Washoe-Commission-ltr-111119.pdf

Our plea is simple.  Recognize and understand reality and the imperative to move forward.  Stop bleeding taxpayers to the tune of many millions of dollars by pursuing a meritless and futile appeal.  Constituents deserve trust and good faith from their elected officials.  Before contemplating extending this fight again get some second opinions.

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:

-Todd Lowe, President

-Les Barta, Vice President

-Dale Akers, Secretary Treasurer

-Dean Ingemanson, Director

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.

www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

Village.League at yahoo.com

# # #