NPTR: Alert 304 We Have A Deal

Nevada Property Tax Revolt Alert Email Group alert at NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org
Tue Aug 4 17:27:26 PDT 2020

WE HAVE A DEAL

ALERT: #304

DATE: August 4, 2020

TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners

FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,

These were the words of Washoe County Commissioner Marsha Berkbigler as the Commission voted today to accept an agreement between Washoe County and Incline Village / Crystal Bay Taxpayers. The deal resolves the Village League’s 17 year long property tax dispute with Washoe County.

In October last year Washoe County Judge Drakulich issued an order directing the county to pay refunds to all Incline Village / Crystal Bay property owners for unconstitutional assessments during the years 2003 - 2006. Shortly after that Village League directors met with Washoe County and State officials to discuss a possible settlement of the case. Since then many months of exhaustive negotiations and work have finally led to this deal.

We owe the success of this agreement largely to Village League President, Todd Lowe, Vice President Les Barta, Washoe County Commissioner Marsha Berkbigler, County Manager Eric Brown, and County Assessor Mike Clark. In making this deal the parties considered many things, including the effects of the pandemic on county finances, balanced with the taxpayers’ need for justice.

The County Treasurer will begin shortly to research and verify eligible property owners and amounts due. Taxpayers can then claim their refunds and the county will begin sending checks. Details of the agreement and the refund plan can be found on the Village League’s website (http://nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Taxpayer-Implementation-Agreement.pdf). The deal must be approved by the District Court and the State before it becomes law. We are confident that this will occur.

We congratulate Incline Village and Crystal Bay taxpayers who supported this long dispute and are very grateful for their patience and loyalty. We also congratulate the county officials whose efforts saved Washoe County and its taxpayers the significant expense of continued litigation and interest.

We will be sending out more details soon.  Stay tuned.

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:

-Todd Lowe, President

-Les Barta, Vice President

-Dale Akers, Secretary Treasurer

-Dean Ingemanson, Director

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.

www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

Village.League at yahoo.com

# # #